Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quality AR Lowers ?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks again
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Yes. All of them.. Damn I thought AKs were addictive. Like potato chips, you can't just buy one..
    An AK is actually building and some machining. An AR is more or less just assembling a pre made parts set kit.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MUSIBIKE View Post
    An AK is actually building and some machining. An AR is more or less just assembling a pre made parts set kit.

you can buy a 0% AR-15 lower or upper and machine away till the cows come home if that is your thing!

be knee deep in aluminum chips before ya know it!

the 80% lowers are much more my speed--

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yeah but your still machining the part as in building it, people who just pin stuff together that are made to go together aren't building anything
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'd considered doing up a AR platform, but am a bit of a sticlker for quality, so after pricing all the "good stuff" and a heavier profile chrome lined barrel I just broke down and bought a Sig Sauer today at wally world,, a flat top with a 3x lighted Sig scope on it and collapsible stock mid weight barrel chrome lined and it ended up only costing about 125 bucks more than to build one with everything considered. And like ya say,,, it's just an assembly process,, that and I don't have head space gauges and reciever blocks, spaners ect,, ect ,,, ect,,, See where I'm going? Probibley would have cost more in the long run to build one sense I probibly won't have more. Or plan on assembling any more. I could have saved 300+ but needed every AR tool to do a clean "build/assembly". Not cost effective for me.

The trigger on the one I got is a bit gritty,,, actually,, allot gritty, but predictible and consistant. Guess what I'll be doing after hunting tomorrow,,, you guessed it,,,, polishing stuff !!! Here we go again. Bad part,, no place to try it out till after deer season,,, DAMN!!! I'll just fuss around and tweek the stuff I can on this one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I thought I was going to get away with loading a program in into one of the CNC machines at work. But, they keep an eye on stuff like that there. I am stuck just like the rest of you who hope to find some 80% lowers here and there.

The last ones I did out of Weaponsguild turned out pretty good. Its just a labor intensive deal to make up a bunch of them though on a manual Bridgeport milling machine.

Ar15 is a sweet KIT to assemble. Its great that business is still allowed to churn these components out.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    you can buy a 0% AR-15 lower or upper and machine away till the cows come home if that is your thing!

be knee deep in aluminum chips before ya know it!

After the first of the year, I plan on doing an 80% finally.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    After the first of the year, I plan on doing an 80% finally.
    Me too. Who knows, maybe we could get a few members together and do a mini group buy on 80% receivers.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Count me in I could use a couple more
    "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway." - The Duke

Feedback Score

I have used the Palmetto State Armory and Spike's Tactical stripped lowers with both of their lower parts kits without any issues. I still prefer to assemble with the parts I want, than what they stuff into the assembled lowers. I don't think I would ever purchase a complete assembled AR rifle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.