Gunco Forums banner

AR Vietnam build

8K views 80 replies 15 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
I'm I to late for the AR Vietnam build using a parts kit and receiver from Nordic spud? I was looking at some parts kits online months ago and now I can't find any.

#72 ·

Man I wish I had the money. I'd definitely buy one of those kits. I may need to sell off something else, because I really want to do a retro. Even my wife was on board when I explained that I wanted a retro M16A1 clone, because it's what I carried in The Corps.

I know that Royal Tiger and IO are two parts of the same company. I have seen an ad for them showing that they are selling a Retro line of AR's, and I'm assuming that they are using these parts kits to do it. Even though I know that IO Inc isn't a great company, I have been looking for one of these for sale, and haven't found one yet. Anyone else seen one?

#65 ·
Got my kit from SG. Definitely not as pictured. Serial # on front sight hang tag indicates late 1970s or early 1980s Colt commercial production for export. Kit appears to have been "assembled" from parts bins as the finish and condition varies from part to part. Both handguards were cracked as was the buttstock. Buttstock smelled like it had been marinated in a tub of fish chum, wicked! The buttplate was completely toasted. The delta ring was worn to silver and had been sliced and peeled off. Front sight taper pins were missing along with a few lower small parts. Bolt, carrier and upper were in excellent or better condition. SG sent replacement handguards, both cracked and a replacement delta ring that appeared to be unused. Mag is a new steel E-Lander 30 round manufactured in Izzyland.

I had a good set of furniture along with a nice box of used small parts and new Colt small hole civie fcg bits. Other than a barrel and a backordered NDS A1 receiver, I am GTG.

So, are these kits worth the investment? For me, yes as this is probably the last bite that we will get at M16 mil surp kits. If you want to do a Retro project, this is a good beginning for your parts box. If the purchaser has expectations of a kit from a long stored unused weapon, then not so much.

HTH

#77 ·
2nd.. Does your wife have an un married twin sister..??
That is better than hitting the lottery. A wife who understands Men collect guns. Oh my God you are one lucky dude..
My old lady, I have to meet UPS at the corner.. Big Brown Box pulls in the driveway.. She turns into Linda Blair Exorcist. Her head does a 360 degree.. Kind of interesting to watch.. Pea soup flowing, whole 9 yards..
Scares the hell out of Melviin, Black dude.. Nice guy, but they aint into the devil crap.. He tosses the package and runs..

#78 ·
2nd.. Does your wife have an un married twin sister..??
That is better than hitting the lottery. A wife who understands Men collect guns. Oh my God you are one lucky dude..
My old lady, I have to meet UPS at the corner.. Big Brown Box pulls in the driveway.. She turns into Linda Blair Exorcist. Her head does a 360 degree.. Kind of interesting to watch.. Pea soup flowing, whole 9 yards..
Scares the hell out of Melviin, Black dude.. Nice guy, but they aint into the devil crap.. He tosses the package and runs..
LOL. Unfortunately no, otherwise I'd hook you up. I am pretty lucky though. She just bought herself a CZ75 P-01 9mm. Decided she was tired of carrying around a .357 snubbie, and wanted a 9mm. She went to several gun shops by herself, and made the decision on her own. I was tickled!!!! LOL. Gotta love a woman that knows what she wants in a gun!!! One caveat though. You don't piss off a woman with a gun.

#79 ·
It's good to discover this thread.
I am in process of building 2 A1's
I gave up on the pencil barrel idea and snagged 20" heavy barrels on GB.
The SG kits I got are all good and serviceable.
So, as the rest of the build comes together, I will be in touch.
I may need some help.

#80 ·
pencil barrels are around they are bit expensive with more coming in so i m going to wait,

Rathatlakhoom needs help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see you at the forum time and again these ARs are fairly easy I am sure by now there's a how to on you tube

#81 ·
http://www.gunco.net/forums/f262/a1-retro-colt-605-a-72252/

you can put the 16" barrel on the a1 kit for a colt 605 replica.

i doing one 605 upper out of one of those slickside colts i got of JSE a few years ago. going to use the ess $89 barrel i got from SMG--

i got all "smart ass' and yanked the 20" a1 upper down, flat-toped. scoped and free floated it.

now i got these extra a1 parts just begging to be built--LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.