Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: AR Vietnam build

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiSS View Post
    Not quite, Identa Mark is one of the companies that Nodak uses, so I called them and told them to be expecting it. They work with Nodak all the time.
    I emailed Nodak with the instructions to send the lower to Indenta Mark. They already have their FFL on file so it is just them sending it to another FFL. Once Indenta Mark got done with it, they just sent it to my FFL.

It is as close as I will ever get to "a true" Vietnam era weapon.
    I'm suprised they don't offer it up like that, but I suppose it would be a copy right infringement for use of the colt logo.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    Well I got my " Like new" kit from Sportsmans guide today.
    What a dissapointment! This POS looks like it was dragged down the dirt road & put away wet. It's one of the most expensive kits I've ever bought.Especially without a barrel. First AR & I was hoping to go WOW this is cool. NOT.
    Can the black plastic parts be re-juvenated somehow? Thet look like my FAL Rhody kits only without the paint. Scratched, dirty , white painted numbers on the stock.
    Like new???? WTF???

$500.00+ ???

So... That's my review.........
    Hopefully I'll feel better the second time I look at it. Even the part I think is the upper is scratched all to hell. I don't mind worn finish but scratches suck.
    I'll have to have Nodak scratch the hell out of the lower to match??? Heh...Heh
    not good to hear i will get my kit on tuesday when I return home, I was hoping that the black plastic was nice cause thats was what i needed. that stuff that rejuvinating plastic
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Also no cleaning kit or sling included. I just got off phone with them & after going around & around for a half an hour, found out it was a MISTAKE in the description. They never were supposed to be included! WTF??
    They are in the picture & the description , but tough luck. Either return for refund or keep what you get.
    Like new never issued.....Yeah right. GRRRRR.!

I hope you get the nice one they used for the picture Sprat.....
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Bradrock, you can sand out heavy scratches then put the plastic pieces in the sand blaster and blast them at around 60# to give them an even finish.... but it won't be the original finish. Thats too bad they were misrepresented. It seems like scruples are in short supply as of late from many places.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I guess I'm going to have to learn how to do anodizing now too. But that's something I have an interest in. But again, not original & that was the whole reason for me to buy this kit in the first place. I wanted a Like new original Vietnam era build.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I guess we can tell everyone they were found in some rat hole tunnel in vietman, like battlefield pick ups

real surprised, I really only need the internals, bolt & carrier and plastic hopefully i will nopt be terribly disappointed

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    Well I got my " Like new" kit from Sportsmans guide today.
    What a dissapointment! This POS looks like it was dragged down the dirt road & put away wet. It's one of the most expensive kits I've ever bought.Especially without a barrel. First AR & I was hoping to go WOW this is cool. NOT.
    Can the black plastic parts be re-juvenated somehow? Thet look like my FAL Rhody kits only without the paint. Scratched, dirty , white painted numbers on the stock.
    Like new???? WTF???

$500.00+ ???

So... That's my review.........
    Hopefully I'll feel better the second time I look at it. Even the part I think is the upper is scratched all to hell. I don't mind worn finish but scratches suck.
    I'll have to have Nodak scratch the hell out of the lower to match??? Heh...Heh

damn that sounds like the one i was crawling around in the sand with in 1981!

i think you can sand blast or sand the plastic to a newer finish , scratched up uppers & lowers can be re-finished and made to look new.

there are all kinds of dura-kotes , and teflon finishes you can put on these things--some like colt gray and so on.

i though about re finishing the colt A2 upper i got from sarco but it is just a truck gun and i don't worry about what it looks like much so i never bothered to re-finish it.

the two older a1 and slab-side aside from being cut on look all most new. but i got them from JSE-

ps JSE sells slings for $4--new ones.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I got one of those emails asking for feedback on the kit last night. So for the first time I did!
    They have not put it up so far, But they just now added a note about the parts in the description which are not included.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one to bitch.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

there is a running thread on these over at ar-15.com seem SG and Mckays had these parts and both advertised them as like new with slings and cleaning kits, well the concensus is that the mcKay kits are only slightly better, but not by much. one guy bought a kit from each they look the same, some posters got good bolts & carriers, some got junk all the kits are missing trigger guards and small pins and springs, if the kit i get is that bad I may send it back or sell it here first

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Oh great!! I have no idea how to tell if bolt or carrier is any good. Or what small parts to look for??
    I thought the trigger guard was part of the lower. I have no clue. DAMMIT. GRRR.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.