Gunco Forums banner

Colt AR15A2 value?

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  twa2471 
#1 ·
Thinking about selling My Colt AR15A2 Govt. Model (pre 94 ban) and was wondering if anyone has input on the value.

#2 ·
man that is a tough one considering that all ar-15 have about doubled in the last few days.

a guess would be about double what you thought it was worth before the latest panic.

YMMV on this one--

it there is another panic--and there may well be another one on the way--then who knows--

#3 ·
Right now, the value is what ever someone will offer for it.

Prepare yourself for the lunacy. If face to face is legal in your state, stick a sign on it and go to a show. Maybe something like '' all your money, or best offer''

Here's what I saw at the show Va. funshow this weekend.

Guys were paying 30-40 bucks for a GI 30 rounder.

Commercial M1 Carbine sold for $1800.

ANY AK that came in the door didn't make it 40 feet before it was sold for $800 or more.

ANY AR that I saw come in was snatched up for $1500-to $2500.

There were several AKs on the dealer tables but that is where most of them stayed.

Hows $1100 for a thumbhole stock Egyptian sound? With paperwork. One vendor had a nice Yugo Underfolder for less than $700. That was the best price in the whole place but it was still there at 4;00pm after a 3 day show. It seems that face to face was the order of the weekend.

#4 ·
Sapper....

If you do not need the money right now, hold.. Like a blue chip stock that keeps going up, hell why sell.
This panic is just that, a panic. They are trying to pass unenforceable laws.
Nappie, through someone with a brain, as he does not have one. Knows any law against our constitution he tries to pass, will go to court and be tied up for years.
That is why he is going too the U.N. world court. Their are approximately? 80 million plus guns in this country. At that probably a low ball guess.. Probably more like 500 million..
Read the post tanvil put up. Gun sales will just go face too face.. What the hell are they going to do, put a hundred million people in jail?
The panic buyers are probably the ones who voted for this friggen idiot..
He is trying to cut the head off the snake, on importation of weapons..
No law yet, just a few words created this panic..
Any law he passes, the tail has yet too come out of the wood work and take his moronic laws too court. Nappy knows this..
If he passes illegal laws, people will not abide by them... Prohibition that worked great..
As a friend of mine once said.
"The more people panic, sit back relax and think."

#8 ·
If you do not need the money right now, hold.. Like a blue chip stock that keeps going up, hell why sell.
This panic is just that, a panic. They are trying to pass unenforceable laws.
Nappie, through someone with a brain, as he does not have one. Knows any law against our constitution he tries to pass, will go to court and be tied up for years.
That is why he is going too the U.N. world court. Their are approximately? 80 million plus guns in this country. At that probably a low ball guess.. Probably more like 500 million..
Read the post tanvil put up. Gun sales will just go face too face.. What the hell are they going to do, put a hundred million people in jail?
The panic buyers are probably the ones who voted for this friggen idiot..
He is trying to cut the head off the snake, on importation of weapons..
No law yet, just a few words created this panic..
Any law he passes, the tail has yet too come out of the wood work and take his moronic laws too court. Nappy knows this..
If he passes illegal laws, people will not abide by them... Prohibition that worked great..
As a friend of mine once said.
"The more people panic, sit back relax and think."
Stay at home housewife+ 3kids+ the downturn in the coal market+ Christmas = need bucks. Besides I can't even recall how many guns I have:dunno:

#7 ·
I agree

$1,500 to $ 2,500 seems to be the range especially if all original and taken care of which i assume it was
It's only had about 150 rounds through it, bought it before the last ban and prices went crazy and made the value go up so I don't shoot it much. Pretty much a safe queen, as I have a DS M4orgery I shoot if I want to shoot an AR. Usually shoot my AK's though - easier to clean!
A buddy of mines brother has bugged me for years to sell it to him, may offer it up to him first.

#10 ·
the price I quoted is what I see on ar-15

to me its worth $700-800
I understand -I don't think used EG bakelites are worth $35-40 a piece but I've seen them selling for that, not just them but ANYTHING AK or AR seems to be selling for unreal money. Months from now people will be trying to get there money back out of them, after prices have dropped again.

#13 ·
You might be surprised what ya might get,, I saw a new Segia 410 come into a local shop today and they put a $1050+ tax,,,, price tag on it,,,, YOU GOT TO BE SHITTING ME!!!!!!

Might want to hang on to it for just a bit longer,, it may be a future retirement fund for ya at this rate !!

#15 ·
Coils..

Don't laugh just yet.. Damn... Last night I was looking for .45 mags...
Found them, no problem there.. But Holy Mother of God.. Everything..
"Please do not call, we aint got it." :rofl:
"Nappy, Feinwit, Bloomwit, Hitwit." Gun salesman of history..
Value of that Colt.. Hmmm $3 grand is starting to sound fair. :rofl:
This is almost getting funny..
Maybe my classified joke was not a joke..

#17 ·
if you want to sell it is not quite name your price --yet.

but it could get there.

if i was selling the colt i would go on GA and just put it up as an auction --throw in a few mags as their like gold now.

it could well fetch $2K+

i have been tempted to sell a few things myself --but since i only sell to buy --i would probably be biting my own ass.

#18 ·
Like my Uncle Marv.. We would go too the fun show, set up about a 100 rifles and pistols. Sell 20 buy 30 and use his credit card for gas money to get us back home..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.