7K views 51 replies 7 participants last post by  mtdew 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#38 ·
outstanding!

i'm glad you lower arrived --

if you still need any parts check with JSE--they show about everything BO-OOS

however i ordered a few things and my order was filled and shipped in about a week.

pretty dam good going for a panic situation.

#44 ·
I went out today and got it sighted in. Pains me that I couldnt really have some fun running thru a coupla hundred rounds, but I dont like shooting up ammo not knowing if I can replace it. Anyway, with the vortex sight I clanged the 8" gong about 10 times in a row. I'm the one who is now happier than a puppy with two peckers!

Attachments

#45 ·
Beautiful mtdew.. Oh yeah.. Welcome too the shorty club.. That really really did come out nice..
Do not underestimate its accuracy.. In the right hands, they can reach out and touch things..
Do you like the single point sling? I do not know how these young Troops use them? I must have put it on wrong, damn thing kept smashing into my knee..
That went in the canal, and I went back to the old school normal sling..

[video=youtube;JK2qxVXj4UU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK2qxVXj4UU]Shooting an AR15 w/ 7inch Barrel (SBR) at 530 yards!! - YouTube[/video]

#46 ·
Looks great Dew!!!!

#47 ·
Thanks, guys! I do like the single point, but no more than the old school sling. Its all part of the mall ninja-zombie hunter look. Gotta keep up with the young guys! I failed to say it was 8" gong at 100 yds. 530 yds? I cant even see that far any more!

#49 ·
Mtdew, that thing is awesome. Good job. It looks customized but without looking 'ninja'.

Save yer brass and buy lostsa small rifle primers if you haven't already.

You guys also made me look at a bunch of upper markings, too.

Who is the keyhole{?} there are 2 Fulton Armory carbines here with a perfectly shaped keyhole, the rest are cardinals.

#50 ·
cerro forge --they do a lot of uppers for colt and FN and a few others.

the forge marking just tells who made the raw forging , it could still have been machined and finished at one of several places.

i got a few with the keyhole marking --the only one i can recall what the name brand was a "charles daly" upper.

i have seen a lot of the keyholes on colts--along with LM and MM markings.

i would not doubt there are many square BAC and cardinal marked colts as well-

#52 ·
UPDATE! Not long after I got this sweetie put together, my lovely wife claimed this gun as her own! How could I argue? I dont have to ask permission to use it and it gets my wife to come out shooting with me. She is 4'11" and it looks like a full size rifle w/ her holding it. You should see her deer hunting with her full size Mosin-Nagant!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.