Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ar shorty build

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default pjm204

Quote Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
    All the parts to finish my 7.5" pistol build are waiting at the UPS facility right now. I've never owned a shorty but I hear they are pretty finicky to get running right.
    I have 4 of them, 7.5 too 10 in. guess it is.. Store bought now not home build.
    3 or 4 hundred rounds through each, never missed a beat..
    j4 or the guys could answer best. But as mine came complete uppers, guess they did the gas port correctly..
    Do not underestimate their accuracy, in the proper hands, not mine.
    They can reach out there..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

4th you should talk him out of that barrel cut -off --you could probably make that 4.5" barrel out of it!--LOL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    4th you should talk him out of that barrel cut -off --you could probably make that 4.5" barrel out of it!--LOL
    Its not chromed so you could ream it easy.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    Its not chromed so you could ream it easy.

sounds like a job for tims buddy mongo!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

And the parts keep trickling in. Upper by high standard. Looks identical to the DSA upper I put on my Bushmaster. HMMMM...

Do they all have the raised square in the pic? Both mine do. Same manufacturer?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I pick up everything except the pistol buffer tube tomorrow, the buffer tube arrives Monday. I hope to assemble this weekend. I think I may have a spare car buffer lying around for testing purposes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pjm204 View Post
    I pick up everything except the pistol buffer tube tomorrow, the buffer tube arrives Monday. I hope to assemble this weekend. I think I may have a spare car buffer lying around for testing purposes.
    Nice! I'm still waiting for my lower to come in. Gunshop owner says it on its way. Never says when.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

And the parts keep trickling in. Upper by high standard. Looks identical to the DSA upper I put on my Bushmaster. HMMMM...

no that is a BAC forging --they are used by colt, bushmaster, DPMS stinger, del-ton --hell about everybody.

DSA could have still made it , all my DSA uppers i think are cardinal forge parts. i have some DSA uppers that are marked DSA and others are not marked

then again i may have a DSA made on a BAC forging -- i don't keep records of who made my uppers--LOL

that is one of them things i don't worry about much who made the upper --it is fun trivia though to try to figure out who forged it.

BAC,cardinal forge and cerro are the most common ones and the big names use all three.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i just got through checking some of the DSA marked uppers i have bought over the years.

i got one marked DSA with the BAC square on it. the rest are either cerro or cardinal forge markings.

i got many more unmarked uppers from DSA --they got mixed in the the rest of the ar-15s so i don't know for sure which one machined which upper -- they all fit and function about the same. several of them had the BSA forge "square" marking.

DSA does sometimes use the square marked forgings.

my guess would be DSA probably machined the upper then sold it to S&W--but for all we know it could just as well come out of a colt parts bin--

DSA does sell a lot of parts to the name brands.

as far as who made the upper it probably don't matter -- i have had DPMS,del-ton, doublestar, DSA , colt and a few others they all seem the same except for minor finish things.

ironically the only one that is sort of out of spec is a very old colt m16 slab-side upper i got from JES for $20 --it has an issue with the front pin.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

thanks j. I knew u would have the dope on this sort of thing.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.