Orlite magazines??

Thread: Orlite magazines??

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Default Orlite magazines??

Just got a Sarco email on these. Any good? I'm waiting on my first AR kit & know nothing.

AR15/M16 MAG Orlite 30 Round
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

er--that a tough one @ $20 each.

i bought 10 of those decades ago for $4.99 each i think it was. maybe even less-- i can't recall other than these was the cheapest mags out there at that time.

i think i got two left , some cracked, some warped , some of them would not hold even close to a full amount of rounds and would double feed like crazy-- no that was the early thermoulds. LOL! --

anyway they ain't the best mags , being used and from SARCO ain't helping either.

some of them ran OK for me-- nothing to write home about though.

i suppose if you need mags really-really bad --they might be worth picking up--just don't expect them to be P-mags--

hell SARCO just had some tapco ar mags for $22 but they sold out in minutes-- they would have been better than the ancient orlites ---

go to MAkO and order some of these if they still got any steel mags---

M16/AR15 Steel 30 rd 5.56x45mm Magazine - White Follower

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Ok Thanks! I get the drift!! Heh...Heh

I have six Colt 20 rounders on the way. I'm assuming they are decent??

I seldom talk to liberals.............................. But when I do, I order fries............

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    Ok Thanks! I get the drift!! Heh...Heh

I have six Colt 20 rounders on the way. I'm assuming they are decent??

yea their good mags probably made by D&H who makes most of the GI mags.

generally mags made by D&H, hmmg,c-products/ACS, checkmate , and quite a few others are good mags. with all this panic going on it is tough to find any mags.

i bought some new made 20rd thermoulds from CDNN for $3.65 sort of on a whim before the panic --and to my shock they seem to run ok. now they do seem flimsy around the feed lips, good for the range but i would want to be in WW3 ten years from now with them--

nothing really that wrong with the orlites other than $20 each is much for a grab bag deal--

if they were going for $7 a pop i would say by three or four and sort them out cause at half of them will run at least some--

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

The Colts might be all I need. It may take me years to find an original Colt pencil barrel & I'm in no hurry. Then there's waiting on Nodak to catch up.
    May get the Green mountain one though in the meantime.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The orlites also have a rib that may keep it from full inserting in the magwell depending on the brand of lower...they are not very good. I saw them when i was at the sarco showroom and the ones they had looked well used.

Feedback Score

I have some orlites that run just fine.. but @ $20 each it is a bit high for a used maybe good maybe not good.... I did have to file on that rib a bit to fit them so that is true...I've been waiting on a order from SARCO for a Month.. so I ain't buying ANYTHING from them TILL it shows.. It's not looking good.. but time will tell... B2B

Feedback Score

I snagged a couple a couple years ago to try - made in Israel, ex-IDF I would guess. Well, well worn.

If the molded rib is too worn - the mag will over-insert and cause fits. They're plinking mags only.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.