Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: m231 one weird m16!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

There was a guy in Chantilly selling a rifle for $1000. He called it a Bushmaster AR15 but it looked more like a Galil or an ar 18o. I told him I thought it might be a 180 but he said no it takes AR mags so it's an ar. OK, I wasn't going to argue with him but if I'd had the spare grand in me pocket it would have come home with me.

The lower looked stamped but I didn't look too close. It was NOT a standard ar15 lower.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

and everybody forgets the bushmaster m-17s bullpup --
    Got one of those now, bought it a few years ago from a local shop, kind of heavy and the trigger pull is spongy, but I like it.
    Going to change out the carrier handle since the sights and rail for optics is all right there, way to short for me.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Got one of those now, bought it a few years ago from a local shop, kind of heavy and the trigger pull is spongy, but I like it.
    Going to change out the carrier handle since the sights and rail for optics is all right there, way to short for me.

mine had the spongy trigger too. it has a trick to it IIRC -- i wish i could remember what it took to get the trigger right --it wasn't much and had to do with a tear down for cleaning and re-assembly--

the only thing i can recall is what was affecting the trigger pull was not the obvious--

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yeah I think I got something about fixing the trigger issue, there was two, one was just shimming the rod so it couldn't flex and another was simpler but I can't remember it right now.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Yeah I think I got something about fixing the trigger issue, there was two, one was just shimming the rod so it couldn't flex and another was simpler but I can't remember it right now.

i don't think i shimmed my action rod. --i do remember tearing the FCG all the way down cleaning it and putting it back in. several times--LOL--

there was some kind of little spring thing that would sort of cam over if you wern't super careful putting the two halves together on re-assembly.

it has been a while --but i do recall when everything was right it had a decent trigger. when that part was cammed over it was --well not so great in the trigger dept. when that part i am thinking of is cammed over it really feels like a PLASTIC fcg--

one of those things you just have to tinker with a bit -- i don't recall grinding, cutting or shimming up anything --it was real simple when i found the little snag in there.

best i can recall it was a counter intuitive deal that looked one way but went another --

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.