Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: m231 one weird m16!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking m231 one weird m16!

this is one strange version of the m16.

i only saw these one time and they were carried by an army chemical warfare unit long long ago.

4th sees this he'll want mongo to bolt up a replica--

it would make an interesting bump-fire device --if you slowed it down from 1,300RPM to only 850--LOL!

no sights and super short in the stock--

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I remember that one, the Firing Port Weapon for Bradleys. M231 Firing Port Weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

100% tracer was used as well. Pull trigger, guide tracers to target. At its rate of fire you better be quick.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Designed to only tracers at full auto.

That's pretty cool, thanks for posting it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

While in development it had a flip up front sight and a wire stock like the M3 submachine gun. It went final without both. I think they did that to keep guys from using them dismounted. That was a long time ago so I don't know how remaining M231 are configured now or even if they're used at all. I thought it was a decent enough idea but I would have gone for a slower 500-600 rate of fire. It just seems as though that would have been more efficient.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Open bolt? Wow, I wonder what the FCG looks like on that? Interesting.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I googled the upper to see what would come up.

Take a look. No sight.

M231 Port Firing Weapon Upper Receiver AR15 AR 15 : AR15 Parts at GunBroker.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea i have seen those uppers from time to time with no sights at various mill-surp places --i thought they were come kind of 80% bull shit.

i never got a close look at the m231s -- i thought they had some kind of optics or a crude thing of a majig sights on them -- never thought they had no sights-- must have been made for near-sighted soldiers--

i suppose the NBC couldn't see squat through their gas masks anyway?

i dont know why the dod would want these ?? maybe cause no one would steal them?--LOL

hell i wish i had a replica one --just for a BBQ gun-- and the guests could wonder if they drank too much and can't see the sights! LOL!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Another interesting one was the Bushmaster Arm-pistol. It layed across your fore arm and the stock was supported by the bend in your arm. The upper and lower were on a pivot so it canted on an angle.

For downed pilots if I recall. I shot one and by the time the mag was empty the whole gun was so hot it would burn your skin. Need gloves for that one. Very cool little gun though.

Gwinn Firearms - Bushmaser Arm Pistol

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil View Post
    Another interesting one was the Bushmaster Arm-pistol. It layed across your fore arm and the stock was supported by the bend in your arm. The upper and lower were on a pivot so it canted on an angle.

For downed pilots if I recall. I shot one and by the time the mag was empty the whole gun was so hot it would burn your skin. Need gloves for that one. Very cool little gun though.

Gwinn Firearms - Bushmaser Arm Pistol

hehe-- yea i do remember those being one my want list at one time.

and everybody forgets the bushmaster m-17s bullpup --i had one of those through the clinton ban till about 08 i think.
    as long as you had good mags that thing would just run and run. very accurate too.

i sold it during the first panic for a a bit over what i paid for it. it was like getting to use it for all those years free + $100 bill!

it was heavy and very um "square' compared to an ar-15 and i like to shoot as a lefty --it would sometimes burn my face with the spent casings--

the trigger set up could be pretty good , though not near as easy to work with as the ar-15s --

sort of an ar-18/180 made bull pup.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.