Gunco Forums banner

cav-arms loweres in stock $160 @JSE

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mad-Machinist 
#1 ·
JSE Surplus

JSE has a few cav-arms nylon lowers in stock for $160

these have the a-1 stock built in and carbine style tube and buffer set up.

i have had one of these for a few years now and it has proved to be a pretty good set up. i got it for $90 shipped back in the good old days of before obummer.

i don't know if this counts as a deal or not these days. but $160 for a decent lower is about as low as i have seen in a while.

i am tempted to grab one myself.

#2 ·
sold out--
and i was seriously considering buying one too.

you don't have much time to think on anything these days.

if things get bad --we'll be saying--why didn't i get one of those cav arms lowers way back when they were selling for $160--LOL

and some of them troy ind mags for $14 and above all more ammo--!!!

with some morons asking $250 and up for an $80 -- $160 for a cav arms don't look so bad.

#3 ·
I built a cav arms on a bet/dare. I turned and chambered a light weight barrel and threw a bunch of spare mismatched parts together and actually finished assembling it at a LEO class. It was shot and passed around. 2-3K in 2 days of mixed ammo and mags through it.

not one failure. not ONE. that cannot be said about the brand new bushmasters (gas key came loose and a second had a buffer/tube friction problem), and the sigs that would NOT feed right.

I fully expected problems, surely SOMETHING would go. But that polymer is tough. 300 yards 6" plate hits with non magnified eotec was easy (as it should be)

Now we have probably 8k through it with a couple fail to feed but that is it. Its fired 300 black out, 450 bushmaster, and 5.56.

The take down pins are a little looser than when new but still good to go.

#5 ·
Cav-Arms should have gone with a better endplate. The cheap plastic one is just sad; had they gone with a solid instead of attempting a trap door, the result would be less embarassing. I replaced the ones on my CavArms lowers with the real deal or one from an RRA entry stock.

Other than the above complaint, I have had no issues with them. I am reluctant to put an RRA upper on one, since RRA is tight on an aluminum lower.

buckmeister

#7 ·
Cav-Arms should have gone with a better endplate. The cheap plastic one is just sad; had they gone with a solid instead of attempting a trap door, the result would be less embarassing.

buckmeister
The new GWACS Cav lowers dispensed with the crappy trapdoor butplate.....and went with a nice agressively checkered solid plate that looks good and is functional

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.