Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SMG $89 16" m4 barrels in stock

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

ran it today with .078 on the port and it cycles perfectly now, even ran some very low pressure tula 55gr no problems.

ran the thermelt 20s i got from CNDD last year for $4.64 -- no jams or miss feeds but the thermelts would not work the bolt hold open .

with the troys or the 30 rd c-products the BHO works fine so it has got to be a mag thing.

accuracy seems pretty good , i am going to put some kind of optic on it , i'll try to find something that don't look too out of place on a early 1960s commando 605--

you all would be shocked how easy it is to use this barrel on a a1 kit build--LOL

those FSB.gas blocks are so easy to drill and tap if you got some good bits and even a HF drill press--

the old thing looks cool as hell with the nam era stock and triangle HGs--

maybe SMG will get ESS to crank out a few 20" one day--

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

What lower did you use & where are the pictures?? Heh..Heh
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    What lower did you use & where are the pictures?? Heh..Heh
    Yeah Brad.. My God, I was going to fly out to meet j4 and have him show me how to build these things..
    Now he drilled the gas port upside down.. For Gods sake I can do that at home.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

right now i got the upper on my modified DSA a1 lower with rifle length tune a rifle buffer set up.

and you all know i ain't got no stinking camera! i spent all my $$ on the important things in life like ammo, cheezy-puffs and beer!

LOL!

hell 4th you and mongo could roll your own upper out of one of these cheapo barrels , all you need is a drill bit and a good hack-saw blade and you got a 10.4" 11" or whatever--

the el-cheapo harbor freight drill press is coming in handy!--LOL

well 4th i did put the gas tube in upside down--hell the way it is bent that is the way it looks right--LOL

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Mongo is up north, growing legal marijuana or something.. Says he got his official Govt. card?
    When your 6' 5" tall, 400 lbs.. I don't think the Police really care if he has a card.. Shoot him with a .45, he would just ask why you did that?
    The Police heave Old Sparky at him, just to taze him, he is a legend..
    Damn. Really do wish I lived closer to yah out there.. Would like to learn how to put these things together..
    Like the AR, just the 8 million springs make it a pain in the ass.. Really think a few springs went in the cat food bowl.. Cat ate it. Still living, seems alright.
    Interesting thread, learning, thank yall..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you KNS makes some pins that have those little flea like things captured so they don't spring out int the cat-litter box--LOL !

yea i'm getting a might old to be screwing around with this tiny shit.

30 years a Dr said when my eyes started to go it would be my near vision first--boy was he right--LOL

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

been playing around with the el-cheapo SMG/ESS barrel.

one of the things it do i don't like is to get the iorns to -0- is the drift has to be nearly all the way to the left. after looking at the thing -- i got the front sight canted just a hair--so this ain't the barrels fault--LOL

since i got a bolt on FSB all i got to do is loosen the bolts and twist the thing a 'little" and tighten the bolts.

i think i got it on straight now--- we'll see when the rain lets up. hopefully i didn't go too far--LOL--

got another one of these on order from SMG--got it for even less-- $79.00 shipped but then they say will ship on 15 may, then they say will ship on 20 may --- so far nothing shipped--LOL--welcome to SMG-- if it don't come from china we ain't got it--LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.