Thread: DSA fluted 16" middy with BCG $450

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking DSA fluted 16" middy with BCG $450

DSA 16" Midlength Fluted 1x9 Sight Tower Complete

somebody was just saying they had some of these on BO.

jse has some DSA 16" fluted mid length uppers in stock for $450 with bolt carriers and charging handle.

this is not the n2 coated one though-- don't know if this is a deal--but it is damn close.

Feedback Score

I dont know much about ar's. I have shot one once and looked at a couple, thats it. With this complete upper and attaching a lower, what else do you need to complete a rifle? Somebody school me on this.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken3030 View Post
    I dont know much about ar's. I have shot one once and looked at a couple, thats it. With this complete upper and attaching a lower, what else do you need to complete a rifle? Somebody school me on this.
    Ken same here. On the right side you will see two buttons. Just pull them out, then drop attach upper to lower. Push buttons in. Insert magazine with ammo. Now you will see a lever on the back, pull that back and it seats a bullet..
    Safety is on your left side, on off..
    Military gave me one and I had to have someone show me how to load the damn thing..
    Do not feel bad. Took me a day to get the bolt and charging handle back in. Never taking that apart again.. That was with my Marine Bro helping me. He was not much brighter than me..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

all you need is an assembled lower.

the upper is complete you just pull two pins and drop it in there.

an assembled lower and a upper like this one makes a rifle.

you might need some sights and a mag and some ammo--LOL

Feedback Score

Thanks j427x! That's what I thought. I have taken a lower off of one. I knew they were just pinned on. My nephew showed me how to field strip one and put it back together. An ex marine, he did it in about 45 seconds so I don't remember what the hell he did.

LOL 4th you always make my day! Drink a beer for me too!!!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

it was me but it was a unfluted barrel upper and it was not $450.00 the price was $295 and yes its still on backorder, because they will not honor the original price nor will i pay more than i ordered
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    it was me but it was a unfluted barrel upper and it was not $450.00 the price was $295 and yes its still on backorder, because they will not honor the original price nor will i pay more than i ordered

i don't know sprat-- i figure they will honor the price when they get caught up on back orders. they all ways have with me.

they might not be able to get the nitrite treatments any more though without a big price jump--

that $295 upper don't have a BCG nor charging handle either.

this one does. BCGs are the biggie right now their still OOS everywhere.

DSA was behind BEFORE the panic and they probably got a few extra 100,000 orders after the panic started , some from vendors too.

looks like JSE just sold out of um--

who said the panic was over anyway--

JSE sold thousands of pmags since they got re-stocked and hundreds of lowers , and a few hundred uppers all in a few hours.

i don't know if it is still a panic but there is still a 'rush" on ar-15 stuff.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I got spare bcg and handles so thats not a problem ( not for sale)
    yes the upper I ordered did not come with bcg or handle

we shall see if they honor that price
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    I got spare bcg and handles so thats not a problem ( not for sale)
    yes the upper I ordered did not come with bcg or handle

we shall see if they honor that price
    i been eyeing that 14.5" upper they make for $270-- that is just about too cheap to pass up on.

only thing is all i really want is the barrel--and the barrels arn't showing for sale..
    no telling when the 14.5" barrels will be back in stock and when they do come back i expect them to be $190--

last one i got from them was $150--

i'm going to see if SMG ships the 16" barrel i ordered for $79 first--then if it don't show i'll put in an order with DSA for the upper--IF they still got them at that price--

then just wait--probably for months.

i do know that some of their parts are back ordered about 6 MONTHS deep.

some things ship in weeks though depending on what it is.

i kick myself for not buying on of their uppers last year--when the wait was only weeks--

when i ordered the blem lowers from them years ago it took six weeks, i called and asked whats taking so long.

they said they didn't have enough blemished lowers to fill my order.

they run very lean there nothing stays in stock very long--

i kind of miss the days when factories kept a few parts in the warehouse. i sort of blame it on the digital age.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.