Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Complete Uppers

Feedback Score

I agree with j427x. Bought quite a bit of stuff from JSE and never disappointed......
    Johnny V
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Member OGCA
    CCW OH & PA

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Have any of you had a Chippewa 22 upper? I've seen them for 250ish and was wondering if they were any good or not.

I'd like to make my 2 AR platforms more versatile and that seems like a reasonable way to go. With a x39 and 500 Baeowolf home built top ends to follow when the parts prices get better.

Whats the good word on them guys,,, anybody got one and are they any good?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

it ain't hard to roll your own upper , i don't know if you can save much money over the DSA upper though, --if you could still get those stinger uppers that sarco had --they were $60, a sportsmans guide barrel for lets say $79 shipped a gas tube $10, port door kit $7, delta ring kit $9 , flash hider $6, washer $1 , bolt on gas block $20, gas tube $10 and handguards lets say $10--

some where over $200 you can roll your own that with SMG's $79 barrel and sarcos $60 upper , the barrels are on back order , and sarco has not sold the uppers for that since the panic . so your build project is probably going to cast as much as the DSA to do. if you build your own with the parts that are out there --then like $140 for the barrel and about that for the upper--though you can do it your way. you will need at least a decent barrel wrench --last one i bought was $10--

the DSA has a chrome lined 1-7" barrel too. the DSA 14" though is going to need an extended flash hider to be legal with out NFA it has to be 1-1/2" or longer and be either pinned, soldered or welded to the barrel to be legal.

seems like those FHs are around for about $20-$25 IIRC

the DSA 14.5 $270 +$14 for the charging handle, $ 20 for the extended FH and $14 shipping so were talking about $318 shipped not counting BCG.

that is very good --IMHO, cause just the upper and the barrel go for about the same money .

the only thing i know that is bad about DSA is their often slow to ship --how slow will depend on how far that item is back ordered --anything from a couple weeks to three months.

if you can afford to wait a little it is a good deal. i ordered a few lowers from them that were on sale a couple years back and it took 6 weeks to fill that one, i ordered a 14.5" barrel and it shipped in two weeks--

so YMMV on shipping dates.

with JSE there all ways going in and out of stock-- some time they will have complete uppers in stock in the $400+ range with BCGs , my thinking is that it would be quicker to just wait and see what JSE does when the re-stock and if you see a upper you like --get it.

cause JSE will have uppers back in stock WAY before DSA gets caught up--most likely--LOL!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

cobra has a nice stag in stock --

http://www.cobratactical.com/Stag-Ar...15_p_2744.html

Barreled Upper Assemblies - AR-15

psa keep an eye on them as they get a few uppers in stock every week sort of like JSE but they sell out in hours.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

What ever top ends I do build will be target uppers with top shelf parts, I like results , quality , and accuracy,,cost is not the deciding factor here. Well with in reason that is!!!!

If it won't shoot dime sized groups at 100m,, it just won't do for me. As decrepit as my eyes are getting nowadays,, I need every advantage I can get!!

You surprise me j427x,, I thought you'd have had one of the Chippawa 22 uppers by now and have been able to give me a heads up on them,,,I'd better write this one down,,,,,

AN AR-15 PART THAT J427x HASN'T HAD YET,,,,,,, Amassing!!!!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea i keep saying i'll get one of them .22 LR m4 clones and or a 1911-- damn .22 rimfire ammo is too high and OOS too!--LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    What ever top ends I do build will be target uppers with top shelf parts, I like results , quality , and accuracy,,cost is not the deciding factor here. Well with in reason that is!!!!

If it won't shoot dime sized groups at 100m,, it just won't do for me. As decrepit as my eyes are getting nowadays,, I need every advantage I can get!!

You surprise me j427x,, I thought you'd have had one of the Chippawa 22 uppers by now and have been able to give me a heads up on them,,,I'd better write this one down,,,,,

AN AR-15 PART THAT J427x HASN'T HAD YET,,,,,,, Amassing!!!!!

Feedback Score

I'm still searching. The lowest that I have found is $270 for a lower on DSARMS. It doesn't have the BCG or Charging handle though. I did find the BCG for $130 at RockRiverArms and the Charging Handle for $14 at DSArms.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I don't know, I've never really been all that satisfied after building something "on the cheap" It always seems to haunt you if you do, I'll wait for the good stuff to come back around. I've learned that lesson to many times before.

I'm in no rush for a different caliber for the AR, I got most every popular caliber known to man already in one form or another anyways. I'll hold out,,,,

BUT DAMN THIS IS GETTING OLD ,, not being able to find reasonable priced stuff now!

Feedback Score

as for caliber Twa2471, I'm sticking with the 5.56/.223 round. I have no plans of changing what caliber the gun was going to fire. I know, not being able to find parts reasonably priced really SUCKS! I've had to go all over the interwebs to find the parts that I did find and put on my list. when I found a cheaper upper, I found out it didn't have the charging handle or bcg. I found the bcg and charging handles, but that adds an additional cost to my total. The upper I found is $270 @ DSArms.com
    Last edited by SkeeterB; 06-18-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Myself,, I do want different caliber options in the AR platform, that's why complete uppers for me. My wants are for x39, 50 Beowulf and .22 rim fire. That should make my lowers about as versatile as you can possibly get out of one type of platform.

One gun for all occasions you might say. That's why I like the AR platforms so well. Two pins and you're switched over,,,simple!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.