Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Complete Uppers

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    Myself,, I do want different caliber options in the AR platform, that's why complete uppers for me. My wants are for x39, 50 Beowulf and .22 rim fire. That should make my lowers about as versatile as you can possibly get out of one type of platform.

One gun for all occasions you might say. That's why I like the AR platforms so well. Two pins and you're switched over,,,simple!

I like that idea with 2 pins making it all it takes to change the caliber of the gun. I changed my mind on staying with 5.56x45 and started looking for parts to build up a x39 upper. As it stands now my parts list has 2 sets of uppers on it one for 5.56x45 and one for 7.62 x39. The x39 upper is being built up from scratch. I'm hunting down the parts to build up the upper all over the interwebs. The way it looks now, x39 upper is $36.28 cheaper than the upper for 5.56/.223.

here is the parts list that I've got for my x39 upper

7.62x 39 Upper Receiver

Flattop Upper Receiver $99.50
    7.62x39 Bolt $87.98
    Firing Pin $7.26
    Bolt Carrier $65.00
    Cam Pin $5.00
    Firing Pin Retainer $1.00
    7.62x39 Barrel $70.00
    Flash Hider $5.99
    Crush Washer $1.99
    Barrel Nut $7.00
    Delta Ring Set $9.97
    Gas Block(low profile) $25.00
    Gas Tube $11.00
    Handguard Cap $3.49
    Handguards $16.50
    Charging Handle $14.00
    Gas Piston Conversion $319.00

7.62x39 Upper Total (w/o gas piston) $430.68
    7.62 x 39 Upper Total (w/ gas piston) $749.68

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i have built a few 7.62x39s. they run pretty good. the big problem is mags the c-product mag is about all you can get these days. they generally don't run with a full load of rounds.

a few other little nit-picky deals like the firing pin can't strike deep enough to set off some of the russian ammo with deep set primers. you can tirim the back side of the bolt and get a slightly deeper strike.

the 7.62x39 is a little more involved that a 5.56 is --though it ain't all that hard either--LOL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterB View Post
    as for caliber Twa2471, I'm sticking with the 5.56/.223 round. I have no plans of changing what caliber the gun was going to fire. I know, not being able to find parts reasonably priced really SUCKS! I've had to go all over the interwebs to find the parts that I did find and put on my list. when I found a cheaper upper, I found out it didn't have the charging handle or bcg. I found the bcg and charging handles, but that adds an additional cost to my total. The upper I found is $270 @ DSArms.com
    DSA upper is a 6 month wait at this time, unfortunately...

Feedback Score

i watched a couple youtube video where they just took a few thousanths of an inch off the firing pin and bolt to get the required depth to set off the deeper set primers on the steel cased Russian ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by wpflgun View Post
    DSA upper is a 6 month wait at this time, unfortunately...
    I'm not getting all the parts from one place. I'm getting bits and pieces from different sites.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.