Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Complete Uppers

Feedback Score

Unhappy Complete Uppers

I've been looking around the internet for a while, and the only complete upper assembly I have found that is reasonably priced is at stag arms. Does anyone else know of any other places where I can find the complete upper receiver assembly? It has to have the BCG, charging handle barrel (at least 14") and just the gas block. The one I found on stag arms is $465. I found another one that doesn't have the charging handle or the BCG at DSArms.

Feedback Score

I have been watching this site for awhile. I have no idea how good they are because I have never ordered from them. They say they are in stock and come with BCG and charging handle. Maybe some other members can chime in who have bought from them.
    Complete AR-15 Upper Receivers for sale at surplusammo.com
    Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

DSA is good to go except for the long waits before things get shipped, 3week to three months BO i am told . that little m4 with the chrome lining might be worth the wait--esp since it is only $270--

SA,s might be good i haven;t bought from them,
    JSE Surplus
    you might hit JSE, their OOS on uppers right now, they do re stock a couple times a week , their prices are reasonable most times and they ship very quickly.

Feedback Score

I've got a lot of stuff eyeballed on surplusammo.com. The upper receiver that I was looking at on surplusammo is a little cheaper than the one I was looking at on stag arms. I have a pretty good little spreadsheet that I created with the parts, the prices and where I may get them, if I don't find something cheaper somewhere else. I've exported it to html and can post it if I can post html code on this forum.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    DSA is good to go except for the long waits before things get shipped, 3week to three months BO i am told . that little m4 with the chrome lining might be worth the wait--esp since it is only $270--

SA,s might be good i haven;t bought from them,
    JSE Surplus
    you might hit JSE, their OOS on uppers right now, they do re stock a couple times a week , their prices are reasonable most times and they ship very quickly.
    I've looked at JSE surplus and ALL of the upper receivers on there are Out of Stock.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you got to keep an eye on JSE as they come in and sell out quickly!

sometime in the next few days they will very likely have what your your looking for---

Feedback Score

DS Arms has got some nice looking Uppers. They don't come with the charging handle or BCG. they have the BCG and charging handles there too though. comparing what I have on my list of parts, I think I can do good with the $270.00 upper from DS Arms, just buying the bolt carrier group and charging handle elsewhere. It's $150 for a BCG on DS Arms, so I'm going to search elsewhere right now, unless I can't find one elsewhere for less.

Feedback Score

Couple of weeks ago i purchased an upper from them(surplusammo). Got it in 4 business days. It was the quad rail floating barrel one, $630 or so complete with BCG and handle.
    To me it looks good quality compared to the other uppers i have.
    Did learn something this time though. I was going to put this on a MAG Tactical lower, that has more "beef" around the pivot pin holes, and because of that it would not pivot on the lower. Any other upper in the house will work with that lower. So i guess the lesson learned is that quad rails(probably not all of them) for a carbine length are a bit closer to the upper receiver...
    Last edited by romaniac; 06-16-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: mentioning place of purchase

Feedback Score

I'm trying to build my first AR as inexpensively as possible. as it is I've gotten it down to just under $800. That's without a gas piston conversion I may end up purchasing at a later date.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

All I can say is to shop around. Have you thought about building an upper exactly the way you want it? It is super easy to do. All you need for tools is a decent vise and a barrel nut wrench.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.