Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My AR-15 Build Parts Costs

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you can make a 7.62x39 conversion by just a 7.62x39 barrel and opening up a 5.56 bolt. and maybe a little trim job to get the firing pin to strike deeper.

so you could convert a 5.56 rifle for the cost of a barrel and a bolt. SMG may have some of those 7.62x39 barrels in stock. last time i looked they had set up barrels with the FSB/gas block barrel nut and so on for about $150--discount codes and club members discounts --you could get it for even less.

5.56 bolt were easy to come across for $40 before the panic. i have bought some unfinished 5.56 bolts for as little as $20! since the panic bolts have become hard to come by-- i did buy one from JSE for $40 not too long ago but thir still iffy for being in stock.

the only thing about a opened up 5.56 bolt as no one knows how long it will last. i got quite a few rounds out of the one i converted --and it ain't broke "yet"--LOL

don't forget you'll need 7.62x39 mags if you going to load up more than a few rounds and thir more pricy than the 5.56 mags and their not "fully developed" yet.

my 7.62x39 AR-15 mags are about half reliable with a full load of 30 rounds and seem to work best when short loaded.

a 300 blackout is even less trouble it basically is a 5.56 round with a .30 bullet . all you need with it is a barrel --and some ammo. of course the down side is you have to find ammo somewhere. i thought about rolling my on 300BOs --but i need these /308 bullets for 308s and other .30 stuff--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Just a heads up.

I was in Wally World yesterday and they have Bushmaster M-4's on the shelve for 787.87. If I'm not mistaken that's what they were priced at just before the panic set in.

NOW,,,,maybe the ammo will start rolling in too at reasonable prices,,,we'll see.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

some ammo must have got in the US -- i am seeing some tula here and there for $0.30 a round --to me that is still insane.

the good news there is some on the shelf now.--LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.