Thread: primary arms 1-4x scope

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Thumbs up primary arms 1-4x scope

a quick update on my attempts to scope my ar-15s.

just got the primary arms 1-4x scope in today.

first impressions are ---it is a very impressive scope for the $$.

very clear and bright! as clear as some $$$$$ and as bright as well. the euro p4 plex cross hairs too. scaling up from1-through 4x there is no distortion any where. it adjust out perfectly. for $127 shipped it looks to be a hell of a deal.

from what i am able to gather of the info-net rumor mill is that these scopes are the SAME scopes that are sold under big names for $200-$300 and are made in the same factory. sort of like li-fan making honda gasoline small motors.

i also got a $50 1-6x 30mm scope of the same type off amazon --for the price i was expecting it to be terrible , but it don't seem bad. the glass seems pretty clear --but there is some distortion around the edges when the thing is cranked up .

the PAs illuminated red dot is a little dim in daylight but you can see it on the max setting . eye relief is a little over 3.5" with the PA --the cheap 1-6x has a eye relief of about 4" and there is some shift of eye relief when you move the mag around--none on the PA. ironically the illumination on the el-cheapo is a bit better than the PA. it has a red and green illumination that seems to give off more visible light.

neither has illumination that gets out of the tube -- this could be a big deal if SHTF-- nothing worse than having a scope that glows in the dark--LOL.

the glass quality of the PA is far and above the 50 amazon scope the amazon $50 special is like a BSA --the PA is more like nikon, or big name--big $$$$ glass, it can compare with glass 3x and even 4x the cost from what i have seen. i am kind in shock that CHINA made this--LOL

so far the primary arms 1-4x seems to be the bang for your dollar winner in the 1-4x 30mm tube --dangerous game scopes. provided it holds zero and don't break .

if you want a low power quick aim type of scope --the PA is certainly worth you time!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I just got my Vortex Strikefire in the mail yesterday, was dissapointed in the Made In China sticker, but oh well. First impression is it seems to be good and solid, red dot seemed a bit glary/overbright, but dialing it down made it better. I wanted to throw it at the wall when i was trying to put it in the rings to mount to a rail, the screws are the 6 or 7 pointed star type, and the key for them slips in and out and pissed me off to no end.

It was a toss up between the Strikefire and one of the PA red dots, hope this one holds up good!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

some of these types of sights have a bit too much light coming out of the muzzle end--

i think the PA is dialed way down --its little light is a night light -- i looked at a weaver grand slam too --as far as the illumination goes they both are toward the dim side --or you could say just enough for it being dark--but a little low for daylight.

don't know what a leupold has for illumination --only one i looked at was a hog-plex --the rest were too expensive to even look at without a credit check--LOL

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.