Gunco Forums banner

Trigger Advice

815 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  wpflgun 
#1 ·
Looking to replace trigger that came with my lower. Test fired twice this weekend and am getting some double taps, definitely not acceptable. Checked the disconnector spring to make sure it was right side up, and checked the general finish of the disconnector itself. Looked like some imperfections in surfaces, don't know if that could be a problem.

I could send this thing back to the vendor, but trying to avoid the hassle, so I would like to try a replacement and see if that fixes problem. Any recommendations for a replacement? Trying to keep it basic milspec, or not very expensive upgrade.

#2 ·
stock GI type trigger?

to me it sounds like a dissconnector problem. it might be sticking in the trigger housing or it could just be "wrong".

i had one recently that did not have the hole for the dissconecter notched down far enough in the trigger , so i had to open it up enough to get the proper action with the hammer.

i would check the hammer-trigger and dissconnector fit/action to see what is going on there.

#3 ·
I've also had a disconnector that wasn't made correctly. In my case it was the pivot hole was slightly too high which limited how far the disconnector would move. I removed a bit of metal from the bottem side of the disconnector forward of the pivot hole until it would correctly grab the hammer. Turns out it was also soft, and the sear surfaces started to round off on it, so I just ended up replacing it altogether.

Protect your bolt stop so the hammer doesn't accidently strike it, and see how well the disconnector is holding the hammer while the trigger is held back.

#4 ·
Itappeared that a fair amount of material had been removed from the trigger surface that contacts the hammer, so I found a place locally that had the parts and they said to bring it in. They did a quick look, popped out the trigger, hammer, and disconnector, popped in replacements, test fired it, and handed it back to me in about 10 minutes. Problem solved.

#6 ·
Got to the indoor range near my house this afternoon to wring out the AR. Only 30 yards, but much joy... Shoots clover leafs all day long, almost boring, but not quite LOL. Dug up a 1.25 x 4.5 30mm scope I picked up some years ago to put on it. It is a Barska, but so far it works great and hasn't crapped out...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.