Thread: vortex diamondback 2-7x 35mm first look

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Thumbs up vortex diamondback 2-7x 35mm first look

UPS brought my new vortex diamondback 2-7x 35mm scope yesterday from ADORAMA camera in NY.

the thing was very lightly boxed and in a shrink wrap -- it got here in good shape but it makes me wonder how many things get smashed that are that lightly boxed??--

- the scope is very light and has just to correct length to fit my burris cantilever scope mount with very little room to spare. it does provide the proper eye relief for me.

the mag adjustment was a little stiff at first, a couple cycles and it eased up quite a bit. very nice occular adjustments , beautifully clear optically. very wide EYE box and a very large "sweet-spot". the only optical issue is that in 2x there is a little fish-eye around the outer edges. nothing serious at all really--it is gone 3x and up.

from there out the scope is 100% on the money.

this scope has a very wide FOV @ 2x -- i suspect that the 2x on this scope is probably more like 1.75x . it also seems to be very "strong" on 7x --like 7x+++ LOL --

anyway this scope does have a very wide usable range . --seems to have plenty of eye relief for an ar-15 type set up. the burris mount or any of that style should set it up about perfect for the proper eye relief on a flattop.

it is light enough to saddle-back a holo without much weight penalty.

the adjustments seem precise with good clicks you can hear and feel. it does have a re-set to zero feature.

i haven't zeroed it yet-- but out of the box it looks like a winner for the ar-15s. maybe i just got lucky--but i suspect vortex makes good stuff.

this one was made in the PIs from what i can tell.

about perfect fit for my LW 20" with the short a1 style cav-arms stock/lower.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the review. I have a Vortex Strikefire on my shorty and I am very impressed.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the bad news is the $134 vortex diamond back sale is over their now all back to "retail price" now.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.