2 20.00%
  • other

5 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: best CHEAP scope?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Years ago my work buddy bought a Ruger M77 in .243cal.as his new deer gun. when he asked about a scope for it, the salesman told him a rule of thumb was to spend twice the cost of the rifle on a scope.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I have scopes I bought over the years.. Sitting in the drawer. Nikon, Bushnell. Still have the $59 Tasco I bought years ago..
    Would count on that little Tasco in a heartbeat.. They used to come out of Miami, now I think one of the big guys bought them out?
    Good thing about Florida, long range shooting is 100 yards and that is at the rifle range where they cut the trees..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i don't know if i believe that a scope has to cost two times the price of a firearm.

i have thought about putting a zeiss on my $300 savage. it does so well with the old fullfield 2 on it i hate to mess with it.

the best $$ on a scope if the first $100-$300 after that you spending 100% more to get that last 10% and sometimes you still don't get it. (LOL)

probably the real meat in the rifle scopes are from about $150-$300. there are a lot of high end euro scopes slipping down to towards that $300 mark too! must be the Obama economy smacking the upper end of the middle class pretty hard!

i have been seeing a lot of $600 scopes for $375 and $500 scopes for $270ish. normally the more expensive shit it the LAST thing to go down.

another vote for vortex! they seem to make very good stuff for affordable prices. vortex and burris seem to hole the middle market pretty well.

hell me and a neighbor were talking the other day about those $20 tascos and gibsons we had as kids, considering that $20 was a hell of a lot more $$ then than today , they would be about equal to a lower end nikon in price when adjusted for inflation.

my dad bought me a chrome plated nylon 66 .22 for $50 when i was a kid. i wonder what one would go for today if they were still making um? $300+ i bet.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...lectedIndex=94
    Scopes through history..

Civil War..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

hey 4th is that from your private collection? red beard the pirate himself must have used that scope to KO british sailors!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    hey 4th is that from your private collection? red beard the pirate himself must have used that scope to KO british sailors!
    Yes. That is one of my weapons.. Small hairline crack in the stock, otherwise NRA 90%..

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Yes. That is one of my weapons.. Small hairline crack in the stock, otherwise NRA 90%..
    LOL! just th8ink what daniel boon could have done with that scope!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

me and you must still be paying with silver dollars -- were talking rainbow printed obamma dollars here--LOL!

over at optics talk every time i ask about a scope it is zeiss this, mepro that , stiner this, --every once in a while they say get a vortex.

if it don't cost $1k or more you can't even see through it- must be made out of classic coke bottles -LOL!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I keep on hearing good things about the SWFA super snipers. Not exactly cheap at $300, but still reasonable. Supposed to be an excellent scope for the money.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    I keep on hearing good things about the SWFA super snipers. Not exactly cheap at $300, but still reasonable. Supposed to be an excellent scope for the money.
    i figure there pretty good scopes. they are made by tasco to SWFAs specs probably in china is what i heard on um . i was considering one of their fixed 6x scopes off the sample list for about $250 but decided to go another route.

the thing that turned me off is it is built like it is designed to survive an atomic blast --very big and heavy. probably very though too.

they can be a good deal , a lot of mall ninjas buy these as a "starter" scope, i heave heard when the mall-ninjas decide to step up to a nightforce/viper/zeiss or whatever $1,000 scope they often sell these for $150 or even less--

now that would be the deal--LOL!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.