Gunco Forums banner

best cheap scope ?

best CHEAP scope?

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Big Don 
#1 · (Edited)
now what is the best cheap scope?

now i got my eye on a zeiss conquest 3-9x 40mm with #4 german in it for $375

now here is what screws that up SWFA has the minox 1.5-8x 32 german #4 for $279

the ZA5 is minox top of the line and the zeiss is the middle ground.

to make it more confusing the minox in that size and mag in a zeiss is like $1600 while the zeiss is the standard big deer woods scope.

zeiss is a big name --has better resale if i need to cash it in. minox though well respected in the world ain't as known in the USA.

maybe i should just get a tasco?

#7 ·
#8 ·
hell i got a couple of primary arms products a m3 red dot and a 1-4x illuminated 3a scope, they seem like good scopes to me.

i have had the m3 red dot for years absolutely no problems with it. the 1-4x PA compares very well to the excellent optisan and sort of trades off best at what back and forth with it. it is a good enough scope that i'll be keeping it . and that says a lot.

somebody was asking me "how the hell did Zeiss get in the cheap scope poll???

it got PLASTIC turret caps! --that sounds CHEAP to me even if it cost $$$$$---LOL! that flea market amazon $49 scope that broke the first attempt to use it at least has machined aluminum caps--LOL!

you all know how much i fricking LOVE PLASTIC !--LOL!

#12 ·
I have scopes I bought over the years.. Sitting in the drawer. Nikon, Bushnell. Still have the $59 Tasco I bought years ago..
Would count on that little Tasco in a heartbeat.. They used to come out of Miami, now I think one of the big guys bought them out?
Good thing about Florida, long range shooting is 100 yards and that is at the rifle range where they cut the trees..

#13 ·
i don't know if i believe that a scope has to cost two times the price of a firearm.

i have thought about putting a zeiss on my $300 savage. it does so well with the old fullfield 2 on it i hate to mess with it.

the best $$ on a scope if the first $100-$300 after that you spending 100% more to get that last 10% and sometimes you still don't get it. (LOL)

probably the real meat in the rifle scopes are from about $150-$300. there are a lot of high end euro scopes slipping down to towards that $300 mark too! must be the Obama economy smacking the upper end of the middle class pretty hard!

i have been seeing a lot of $600 scopes for $375 and $500 scopes for $270ish. normally the more expensive shit it the LAST thing to go down.

another vote for vortex! they seem to make very good stuff for affordable prices. vortex and burris seem to hole the middle market pretty well.

hell me and a neighbor were talking the other day about those $20 tascos and gibsons we had as kids, considering that $20 was a hell of a lot more $$ then than today , they would be about equal to a lower end nikon in price when adjusted for inflation.

my dad bought me a chrome plated nylon 66 .22 for $50 when i was a kid. i wonder what one would go for today if they were still making um? $300+ i bet.

#18 ·
me and you must still be paying with silver dollars -- were talking rainbow printed obamma dollars here--LOL!

over at optics talk every time i ask about a scope it is zeiss this, mepro that , stiner this, --every once in a while they say get a vortex.

if it don't cost $1k or more you can't even see through it- must be made out of classic coke bottles -LOL!

#20 ·
i figure there pretty good scopes. they are made by tasco to SWFAs specs probably in china is what i heard on um . i was considering one of their fixed 6x scopes off the sample list for about $250 but decided to go another route.

the thing that turned me off is it is built like it is designed to survive an atomic blast --very big and heavy. probably very though too.

they can be a good deal , a lot of mall ninjas buy these as a "starter" scope, i heave heard when the mall-ninjas decide to step up to a nightforce/viper/zeiss or whatever $1,000 scope they often sell these for $150 or even less--

now that would be the deal--LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.