Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Polymer 80% lowers

Feedback Score

We also use a nut for the threads on the pistol grip. EVERY polymer lower strips here. Not ours. And even if it does some how... just buy a new nut for virtually nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

never known a pistol grip to fail on a cav-arms polymer. they molded theirs in though, just like the stock.

glad you beefed up the front pin and the buffer tube area.

to me it looks like it should be a little thicker around the rear pin hole , i have seen a "number" of super-polymers fail right there. i would have went much thicker and used a longer non-standard sized rear pin in that location. --but then i would have made the stock into it as well and it would be seamless on the stock to lower joint. but i like a 500% safety factor when i can get it.

what kind of plastic--er polymer are you using? can it be repaired if it cracks or splits?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    never known a pistol grip to fail on a cav-arms polymer. they molded theirs in though, just like the stock.

glad you beefed up the front pin and the buffer tube area.

to me it looks like it should be a little thicker around the rear pin hole , i have seen a "number" of super-polymers fail right there. i would have went much thicker and used a longer non-standard sized rear pin in that location. --but then i would have made the stock into it as well and it would be seamless on the stock to lower joint. but i like a 500% safety factor when i can get it.

what kind of plastic--er polymer are you using? can it be repaired if it cracks or splits?

We are using high grade polycarbonate. it csn be repaired but I don't see cracking as an issue with this polymer.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Now that eplowers one is interesting. You just mill out the different colour polymer and do not even need a jig. Mentions that it is a kevlar reinforced polymer, wonder how durable this one is, has anyone used this lower?
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

thanks J427x

good research I also like the eplowers, but I am not in the market for a lower
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

your guess is as good as mine at how 'durable" any of these are and or it kelvar helps any at all.

i'm skeptical of any plastic/polymer lower that don't have a built in stock == that area were the buffer on the m4 tube joins the lower is prone to break. maybe they cured all the plastic lowers ills --then maybe not.

i would have to see one of these take a few lumps first. anybody want to be the crash test dummy?

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Polymer80 View Post
    Hi, all My name is Loran and I am co-founder of polymer80. I occasionally Google polymer80 to see what chatter is going on and I came across this thread. I joined the forum so I can answer any questions you may have first hand. You can post here, send me a PM or even call me directly: 707-346-0075.

Just an over-view we are different than any other polymer lower on the market (at least we will be, we ship in a matter of weeks; as little as two). Anyway, this has been designed with HUGE reinforcement in the problem areas of other lowers, and is made from very high grade polycarbonate. We have ran many tests on previous runs before shipping. And all indicators show that these are TOUGH. You can also see some videos on FaceBook as well. (you don't need to be a member of FaceBook to see them) : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Polym...38959999623430

Anyway I just thought I would pop in and address any questions or concerns.

Thanks to all of you for your interest!

-Loran Kelley
    Hi Loran,

Thanks for your post. I appreciate that you are trying to introduce a quality product. I have some experience with Carbon Fiber Lowers from Bushmaster, and (shivers) Vulcan, both were made by the same manufacturer at the same plant, to the same specs. I have never had an issue with these, and I like them a lot.

I have looked at your web site, and I am going to give your products a try. I really wish that your company would address these kinds of discussions directly, and publish some facts, studies, specs, and testing to address the concerns regarding non-metallic lowers in general, and your products in particular.

I do not agree with some of the folks here on the relative merits of these lowers, but it is hard to argue against pictures of "plastic" lowers that are snapped at the rear pivot pin location. I have not had that happen, thank God!.

Anyway, I am glad that you took the time to join here. We are a pretty great bunch of folks, and we most appreciate good quality, and reliability, and the ability to do it ourselves. I do not think you could find a better, more diversified focus group than Gunco.

I have a suggestion: Put up a poll here, and ask the membership to elect two "BETA Testers" to obtain your product, build it to your published specs, and test it to something like 1,000 or 2,000 rounds. Then report their findings. Call it the "Good 'ol boy's test". I will split the cost of your product with you 50 / 50, and we ask for donations from the membership here to offset the cost of ammo. If your product is anything like what you represent, which I am sure is the case, you will have a powerful "common man's" opinion of how your product stacks up against the competition. Given the current political environment, I can nt see how you could lose.

It is just a thought. But I think you will find that the membership here is highly regarded amongst our peers, and that we have some really smart and talented folks out there.

I will help as I can, because I think this is a great idea, and a great product who's time has come.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you also got to consider we do a lot more than 5.56 -- some of these are going to end up a .458, 50BWs and other higher recoiling rifles, even a 7.62x39 has a lot more force than a 5.56 in the recoil department. i been firing the cav-arms with 7.63x39 for several years now and it has been ATV/truck/tractor knock around rifle for the last few YEARS. i"m pretty confident that it is hard to break. a new product though has no such track record.

it has to be able to survive rough and tumble drops and impacts , it don't have to be as strong a a USGI forgings but it can NOT give up much in that dept either.

the last batches of 'polymer" lowers to hit the market were woefully understrength --so flimsy that nearly attempting to tighten the buffer tube could make it snap.

i do hope you fully addressed these types of problems BEFORE you hit the market.

the bottom is an ar-15 that got "bush-hogged"--LOL yea were a rough bunch--
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I see the points taken so to add another dimension

I have several tannery 80% CAST alum receivers, they have held up just fine for the past 15 yrs in .223 and heck they were 2nds w/defects
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

80 polymer

polymer 80

polymer 80 blem sale

polymer 80 lower review
polymer 80 lowers on sale
polymer 80 sale missouri

polymer lowers breaking

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.