Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Polymer 80% lowers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    I would never consider purchasing a ar lower from a FFL, even if they were $10

I don't build to sell, if I did I put serial numbers on my builds anyway

building is the fun part any idiot can assemble a AR or Ak, takes talent to build one

oh hay biggun the other day you told me, you have been the only one posting about building guns, thats not 100% true this thread and several like it have been going strong, only you have not contributed to them

we are here to build

od ak thanks for the posting thats a good price
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    I agree. And 40 bucks to a poor boy like me is a good bit of money. I also would never pay $100 full price for one.
    +2

I know there's a lot of posting about forged $90 lowers or $59 blems and what have you, but as someone who doesn't have access to an FFL willing to do one off or special order transfers a $47 lower that I can get through the mail is a significant deal. A stripped lower in my AO will run you about $150 out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    You Gentlemen that have the polymer lowers, would you play in the Sandbox with them?
    Hunter
    I haven't done much with my first one other than function testing. I plan on some live fire testing tomorrow. I was impressed enough with the first EP lower blem despite the issues that I bought another one. This time I hope the "full priced" lower is of a bit better quality.

Honestly $50 is about my threshold with the EP lower. any more than that and I will just save lunch money for a couple of months and pick-up an overpriced forged from a LGS.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Easy Guys Im just pointing out there is not much savings here for what seems to be a considerable amount of work an questionable quality or fit . Seems like i have seen 100% recviers recently for about $55 on sale oir as cosmetic blems ?? so your not savig $40 its more like $15 0r $20 I fully under stand that some guys dont want to be on a list an have no issue with it . I have way to many guns in my name an way to many posts on the net to pretend im not on a list . It seems to me that they look fine for most use .

Im just as poor or poorer than most of you right now . I do know if you screw one these up or its out of spec you will not save a dime if you cant use it . I also would rather use what spare them working on stuff that I cant just buy for about the same money . I will admitt if you guys are doing these with no jigs an special machinery then that is a advantage .

I have been pondering a AR build for a while now that there cheaper than a AK to build . I dont think it will be on a polymer lower how ever . I have a few ideas but I doubt there any thing new . I have put my time in scratch building receivers that are identical to factory ones . Id rather work on something thats different . I have been following a light weight build o n a differant site were the builder has one right at 4 pounds . Id like to maybe try a super light ar build

Good point on this thread running strong at least there is some buildiong going on . I rarely venture into the AR areas as I dont feel qualified to really say much.

I think the would you take it to the Mideast to fight with is a pretty legitimate question. I guess my question is what is being gained here over a aluminum ? is it cost ? easier to finish out ? weight ?

How much lighter are these over a standard one ?

I think it would be cool if they had the buffer tube an or stock built in like at least one maker does .

Ill go back to just following this thread now an see if I can learn something . Sorry if I sounded condescending. You know I question every thing

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

question the answers & answer the questions Bob....

thats what we do.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Truthfully I would prefer a milled from billet lower, if for nothing else because I like the way they look. Now if I had the tooling I would love to do up some 80% aluminium lowers. Better yet, some raw forgings would be cool. I like the no ffl approach. My guy is fairly cheap at $20 per transfer, but thats 20 bucks that I could spend on other things.
    I have no illusions that these polymers are as strong as forged aluminium. But they will do for my needs. My other AR's have forged and milled from billet lowers. I'm grabbing one of those first.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Got my non blem EP 80 in today. Good news, its only "slightly off" on the pivot and takedown pin holes. Honestly, if i payed full price for this thing I would be pissed! But for $47.50 shipped I can more than deal with it.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

From what I understand all of the take down pin hole relief cuts are off. IN a recent email I received from them they claimed they were all that way. Bit of bad engineering I guess
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

got my non blem in today too. As with my blem the countersunk area for the take down pin is a hair off. The hole is in the right location but the countersunk area seems to have been designed to add some extra "beef" to the receiver extension area without regard for where the hole for the takedown pin is located.

again for less than $50 shipped to my door I'm satisfied, will probably get another or couple more if the price is right again.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

when the blems first came out I ordered three built three no complaints no hole problems

I am done
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Got all three of mine done. Here's a pic of the first one. Think I'll paint the lower black.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

you can dye this polymer with hot water and Rit dye. I did it to my green blem to make the green darker and it turned out well. It penetrates the poly a bit and probably won't scratch and show as easily as paint.

I kinda like the tri-tone of that though.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Search tags for this page

80 polymer

polymer 80

polymer 80 blem sale

polymer 80 lower review
polymer 80 lowers on sale
polymer 80 sale missouri

polymer lowers breaking

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.