Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Polymer 80% lowers

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Nice build Mtdew, I believe I read they can be cerakoted, but I am sure any paint that sticks to plastic will work, like plastic lawn furnature paint or try OD ak's suggestion I never though about dying polymer

on the mill I bet you zipped through the three like butter

sounds like range time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I kinda like the tri-tone of that though.
    +1

Actually I think it would look really good if you would put a tan hand guard & stock on it with a black pistol grip.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looks great MtDew!! I kind of like the Tan. I've kind of always been a "guns are supposed to be black" kind of guy, but I am really starting to like the tan lately.

Sean, thanks for showing that Omni hybrid lower. I hadn't heard about those. Heck $50 for a 100% is pretty good even if it is poly.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    you can dye this polymer with hot water and Rit dye. I did it to my green blem to make the green darker and it turned out well. It penetrates the poly a bit and probably won't scratch and show as easily as paint.

I kinda like the tri-tone of that though.

but how do you seal it up so that it doesnt leak back onto you if your sweaty & such?
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    but how do you seal it up so that it doesnt leak back onto you if your sweaty & such?
    i havent experianced any issues with bleeding so far. peoeple have been dying HK polymer for years with no issues and magpul more recently.

just make sure to wash the part well in cold water after pulling it from the dye bath.

only tip that i know of is to use 1 part dark green with black to avoid a purpleish/plum sheen.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I had 2 EP80 lowers come in. One black, one lime green. My uppers/lpk's should be waiting at Fedex tomorrow. Jumped in on some Black Friday deals. All in all these should be done for under $450 before I add sights to them. I'm thinking of doing one on a mill, one with a dremel but that has yet to be decided. Hope to have them done by new years.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Took my blem lower out today to finally get a live fire test. Mates up to my BCM upper quite nicely and shoots exactly like my forged lower, cept maybe a bit more recoil due to the lighter weight.

Put 100 rounds through it and I'm quite pleased for <$40.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Good report O.D. Thanks.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

thinking of doing a JMT next with a drill press and dremel as i dont have a X/Y vise for the press. going to be a plunge and dremel cut guerilla style.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

since I have done all my aluminum and polymer 80% lowers by drill press and dremel it is safe to assume

I am a guerilla
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Search tags for this page

80 polymer

polymer 80

polymer 80 blem sale

polymer 80 lower review
polymer 80 lowers on sale
polymer 80 sale missouri

polymer lowers breaking

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.