Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Polymer 80% lowers

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    have you or have you not trained in hand to hand combat?

no doubt you can break a forging, but that takes some effort. BTw i like the steel lowers--

it takes the same effort to swing an AR at a door knob every time... your gonna hit it as hard as you can every time so that you dont have to do keep doing it.

YES.
    first thing you learn is that knowing " a little" will get you killed. most of my family members were in the service from WWII, Korea & Vietnam they all like to "teach".

yeah ive been beat with a ball bat, hit with a hammer, slashed with a knife & it wasnt peeling apples... or a family member... what i was taught is why im still alive.

NO: im not in the military(if thats what you mean)... didnt pass the physical. lmao

how that relates in breaking a polymer lower? or saying that they are no good? im curious for the tie in, cause if this is where you tell me that since im not in the military, i dont know anything about building/testing/using guns... dont waste either of our time.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

wow started this thread as a heads up

now I am intrigued enough to order one,

also J427x and dutigaf love you both, so play nice in my thread

I more than many here and at other sites im familar with a good lower especially 80% ( are there others, ????)

all good points

polymer 80 has stepped up to the plate to defend his product that speaks volumes to me
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Sprat,

i always play nice. nothing said on the internet really means anything... its just words on a screen.

the polymer vs not debate has been around for as long as Glocks have been in production.. it will never go away. its kinda like Ford vs Chevy... while the 2 guys are arguing about it Honda came thru with a better product all the way around..

s

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think the whole buttstroking door busting DOD testing is BS, Id bet there is almost noone that has ever had to buttstroke someone with their personaly owned weapon. Now what I want to see is testing with a 50 beowluf and a BMG upper, THAT IMO is real world testing that would matter.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

polymer lowers have been busting ever since they came out --so yea it is debatable if current plastics are up to the tasks.

maybe improved ones will work-- we don't know till someone tries them.

most of the plastic lowers i have seen that failed were not from firing recoil. but from the normal wear and tear type stuff , got bounced off the atv , all a sudden the buffer tube is loose, it is loose cause it cracked at that same joint where the buffer tube threads in.

glocks have steel reinforced frames too -- so yea it ain't riding on 100% nylon there either.

yea the DOD has been know to make tests a bit more than necessary. i seen um throw mini 14s out @ 100ft once down on the tarmac--

it would give a little credence that plastics are suitable.

as far as using the m4 as a club --no you wouldn't WANT to. in a conflict you end up doing all kinds of things you don't want to do.
    so if hand to hand combat is obsolete somebody needs to call paris island , ft benning, ft bragg and a few other places and let them in on the news!

tango will never get that close--WE are going to stake YOUR life on it! LOL!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

J,

your missing the entire point... not to mention trying to redirect it to something that has no bearing on it.

point: these are perfectly fine for everyday use & for more than most people will ever do with them & lots of us have them on every caliber you can try including 50bmg.

redirection: hand to hand combat has nothing to do with whether polymer lowers will hold up to regular everyday use.

as to the hand to hand combat? sure its still part of the military world. but for 99% of the rest of the world in everyday life? its not an issue..

think about it.. when was the last time you actually got into a hand to hand combat situation?

or better yet when was the last time you got into an actual physical fight?

did you have an AR in your hand? if you did then you were obviously still in the service... the place it mattered. not out here in civilian land..

last fight i got into was at the gas station this past winter.... didnt have an AR in my back pocket then either.. cause if i had there obviously wouldnt have been a fight.. plastic or not.

as to Glocks & polymer pistols? sure i own those also.. along with wheel guns, semi's, auto's, BP's & every other type of gun you can think of.. hell ive even got PCP's...

the ONLY bad gun is one that doesnt work when you want it to. but as promised, my word is good.. anyone in this hobby can tell you that. im a do'er... there will be a full review of finishing these and testing them posted once they are delivered & i'll be comparing them to the other types that ive already got.

hwo about in the name of testing you set a few dollars aside & get you one of these and finish it out and do some testing? we can compare results and have 2 guys that are for & against these see what they think & share it.

i do this type of stuff all the time, so im in.

how about you? come play a little & enjoy what made this hobby what it is. actually working/building guns.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

LOL! yea they should be fine for most uses.-- but i would still like to see some impact test.

a good test would be to let a 300lb guy sit on one-- if it don't pop or strip that should be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    J,

your missing the entire point... not to mention trying to redirect it to something that has no bearing on it.

point: these are perfectly fine for everyday use & for more than most people will ever do with them & lots of us have them on every caliber you can try including 50bmg.

redirection: hand to hand combat has nothing to do with whether polymer lowers will hold up to regular everyday use.

as to the hand to hand combat? sure its still part of the military world. but for 99% of the rest of the world in everyday life? its not an issue..

think about it.. when was the last time you actually got into a hand to hand combat situation?

or better yet when was the last time you got into an actual physical fight?

did you have an AR in your hand? if you did then you were obviously still in the service... the place it mattered. not out here in civilian land..

last fight i got into was at the gas station this past winter.... didnt have an AR in my back pocket then either.. cause if i had there obviously wouldnt have been a fight.. plastic or not.

as to Glocks & polymer pistols? sure i own those also.. along with wheel guns, semi's, auto's, BP's & every other type of gun you can think of.. hell ive even got PCP's...

the ONLY bad gun is one that doesnt work when you want it to. but as promised, my word is good.. anyone in this hobby can tell you that. im a do'er... there will be a full review of finishing these and testing them posted once they are delivered & i'll be comparing them to the other types that ive already got.

hwo about in the name of testing you set a few dollars aside & get you one of these and finish it out and do some testing? we can compare results and have 2 guys that are for & against these see what they think & share it.

i do this type of stuff all the time, so im in.

how about you? come play a little & enjoy what made this hobby what it is. actually working/building guns.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Chiroone View Post
    Now that eplowers one is interesting. You just mill out the different colour polymer and do not even need a jig. Mentions that it is a kevlar reinforced polymer, wonder how durable this one is, has anyone used this lower?
    Hello my name is John from EP Lowers. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. If someone would like to start another thread I can answer questions there. Thank You.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

whats wrong with this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

so you have blems for $35 and I own a jig ?

what are broken pins do your un blemished 89% have guide holes that must be sand down when finished??

you can send me a pm I may get a couple at that price heck if I can do a DSA 0% with drill press and dremel with hand file I can carve up your polymer 80% with ease

sooner I hear from you the sooner i will consider
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    whats wrong with this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

so you have blems for $35 and I own a jig ?

what are broken pins do your un blemished 89% have guide holes that must be sand down when finished??

you can send me a pm I may get a couple at that price heck if I can do a DSA 0% with drill press and dremel with hand file I can carve up your polymer 80% with ease

sooner I hear from you the sooner i will consider
    Alright then. Unfortunately our blems are sold out they sell very quickly. We use dimples to identify drill locations along the fire control area for the trigger pin locations and selector switch. These dimples are raised off the plane of the fire control surface on the exterior of the lower. So they look like raised pins with a dimple in the center. This is what is referred with the blems as possibly being broken off. Chances are even with them broken you can see where and use a center punch to start your drill. Or you can use your jig no problem. We designed our lower to be jig-less in that the fire control pocket is a dissimilar color so that it is very clear what needs to be milled out and what needs to be left intact as well as identifying trigger pin and selector switch drill locations. We have many folks completing our lowers with as little as a Dremel tool.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

80 polymer

polymer 80

polymer 80 blem sale

polymer 80 sale missouri

polymer lowers breaking

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.