Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Polymer 80% lowers

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default Polymer 80% lowers

http://polymer80.com/

saw this today and may take the plunge, thought others would be interesting one thing is for sure you won't burn out drill bits on this if you are using a drill press heck the jig is cheap too

I have yet to see a review or a finished product so its a crapshoot if this works

enjoy
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

this is interesting.

i am tempted to buy a jig just to look at it.

the thing is it does have a buffer tube attachment point like all those other polymer lower "breaking points" , and it is a pre-sale event. so they haven't delivered any yet.

i kind of want to see or hear from some one that has built one and is testing it out. i would hate to blow even the low $$ and have a bunch of --snap-crackle-pop/ lowers on my hands--LOL

currently you can get a real lower for $90. so it still isn't an economical solution "yet".

past experiences with polymer/plastic lowers hasn't been "rosie" to say the least. lots of epic fail in the pins, mag area and most often around the buffer tube.

haven't had much issue with the cav-arms style plastic/nylon lowers but they molded in the butt-stock and got rid of the thin area where they buffer tube attaches and generally thickened the thing in stress areas.

now if they were cheap enough to be disposable --then i could get more excited--LOL back before the panic there was some "plastic" lowers going for $40 shipped. i would have bought one but my FFL has been charging me $20 to transfer. $60 is s lot for something that might end up in the trash can.

since this 80% don't require that fee -- and if the price eases down i might just try one for kicks.

might do like the survivalist --bury some --being plastic they dont rust--LOL

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

agreed saw this and remmmebered thread here on the plastic lowers from last year, yah wish someone would take the plunge and do one then post it but then if they work the price may increase and or MSNBC may do a special on how easy these are to build a evil rifles

but good lord can't we go through one day witout the left wing media creating political drivel panic mongering

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

and the market is getting back to a "more normal' on lowers -- i'm not seeing any $60 lowers , but i am seeing a few $90 forgings like DTI and spikes so ther isn't much money saved by doing a plastic 80 at current prices.

if you want a plastic lower you should try one of these cav-arms things mad is selling.

i have got to the point i like these --mostly cause they save 1lb-- enough to scope a rifle and have a net gain of 0-lbs and ounces--

i have been running a cav arms nylon 66 lower for several years and have found only a few niggley things about it i don't like --it has seen some hard use and it ain't broke yet--LOL

if they made a rifle buffer version and enlarged the front pin area?? --yea it ain't broke but it makes me nervous--LOL they would have just about cured all the plastics ails --

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

understood i posted it for others who are more adventurous then myself especially after all the discussion we had on plastic lowers here last year

Feedback Score

Hi, all My name is Loran and I am co-founder of polymer80. I occasionally Google polymer80 to see what chatter is going on and I came across this thread. I joined the forum so I can answer any questions you may have first hand. You can post here, send me a PM or even call me directly: 707-346-0075.

Just an over-view we are different than any other polymer lower on the market (at least we will be, we ship in a matter of weeks; as little as two). Anyway, this has been designed with HUGE reinforcement in the problem areas of other lowers, and is made from very high grade polycarbonate. We have ran many tests on previous runs before shipping. And all indicators show that these are TOUGH. You can also see some videos on FaceBook as well. (you don't need to be a member of FaceBook to see them) : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Polym...38959999623430

Anyway I just thought I would pop in and address any questions or concerns.

Thanks to all of you for your interest!

-Loran Kelley

Feedback Score

I pre-ordered long ago. Just waiting for delivery!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    I pre-ordered long ago. Just waiting for delivery!

let us know how they look and WHERE their reinforced!

i am tempted to try one myself--

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Yeah, that looks interesting. For the price it could make a SHTF lower, suitable for burying. I wish I wasn't so strapped right now, or else I'd at least try one out. I got my step daughter's wedding, and two grand babies on the way between my two kids. Then Christmas. I'm screwed!! LOL.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    let us know how they look and WHERE their reinforced!

i am tempted to try one myself--
    Please excuse some of the spelling, but here is a drawing I did off of the 3d model. But it highlights the beefed up areas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

80 polymer

polymer 80

polymer 80 blem sale

polymer 80 lower review
polymer 80 lowers on sale
polymer 80 sale missouri

polymer lowers breaking

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.