Thread: thermelt 20 and 30 mags for 5.45x39

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Default thermelt 20 and 30 mags for 5.45x39

i've been playing around with the 20 round thermelt and 30 round thermelt mags i got from SMG a while back.

the 20s seem to be OK in 5.56 with up to 20 rounds. but a little better feeling when they only have 17 rounds or so.

the 20 round thermelts seem to work perfectly well with 12-17 rounds of 5.45x39 depending on the mag. this is enough to make the 5.54x39 ar a practical all around firearm. as cheap as you can get these thermelts for --like $3.65 a mag -- even loaded to 10 rounds you can sure have a lot of loaded mags for cheap.

and another oddity is the 30 round thermelt mag that i had gave up on using in 5.56 --seems to work very well (so far)with 5.45x39 up to about 27 rounds.

i figure it will be as good as a c-mag 5.45 --maybe even better with 24-25 rounds of 5.45

this thermelt 30 has not worked worth a hoot with 5.56/223 that it is designed for--so go figure?--LOL

this thermelt does have a green USGI follower i put in there in an attempt to get it to run 5.56 rounds-- don't know if the USGI green follower helps or hurts the thermelt with 5.45 it does seem to run OK with 5.45 under 30 rounds.

so far--

if it continues to run of with 5.45 with no hiccups i'll report the results.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

j4, I heard thermold has moved to Ft. Smith. You heard anything?
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

haven't heard a thing mtdew.

we damn sure need some jobs though. saw a thing the other day where the admin "corrected" some data the altered figures show about 7% rather than the 17.9% the unsalted figures show.

nationally i figure unemployment is probably closer to 18-23% in REAL figures.

the got the indicators so fubar that layoff show up as a economic boom!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

haven't heard a thing mtdew.

we damn sure need some jobs though. saw a thing the other day where the admin "corrected" some data the altered figures show about 7% rather than the 17.9% the unsalted figures show.

nationally i figure unemployment is probably closer to 18-23% in REAL figures.

the got the indicators so fubar that layoff show up as a economic boom!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.