Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New TacCon bump fire trigger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The old vet didn't explain how it worked and at my age I don't want to know. Sounded cool when I was a kid tho.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    An old ww2 vet told me they did the shoelace thing in the Pacific on their garands. I remember thinking all that for eight rounds and to hear a ping!
    So does that make people who own shoes and SA rifles with charging handles felons for constructive intent?

I joke but I could see it happen...shouldn't give them ideas lol
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I was going off the 2006 letter, Thats good if it was overturned.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

its all about how its done...

the difference between the bumps stocks & triggers verses the rubber band is what they refer to as "mechanical assistance".....

on a bumpstock or trigger you'll notice they have no spring, rubber band or ANYTHING that does any action on ITS OWN. YOU make it perform the action.

this is why the varied results.. & those very same varied results are how they are staying legal.

because they dont consistently work. its very much a user operated/orchestrated experience.

rubber bands as simple as they are.. provide "assistance".. thats why they dont use them in bumpstocks ...

how do i know this? look back at my threads when i made the bumpstocks..... only had about 6 phone calls to the tech branch on what could be done & not be done & why.

but enough on all this...

people who want to bumpfire will. rubber band users will...

those who dont? wont.

no one is forced to buy these things & im sure someone will be making a version in their garage within a year, just like we did with crankfires & slidestocks.

its what we do.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pryotex View Post
    I was going off the 2006 letter, Thats good if it was overturned.
    read the letter again. it specifically states that the trigger must be pulled for each shot and not fire more than once per trigger pull. otherwise "machinegun".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yep, and the rubber bands are mentioned in addition to several ATF approved devices like the Hellfire, they were never considered MGs. What the letter says is illegal is any modification that makes the gun fire more than once for each operation of the trigger. The shoelace becomes a "conversion device" because the loop/ring on the end of the string you pull to initiate firing becomes the trigger by it's function. Same with those "crankfire" things that turn a cam to pull the trigger rapidly. Hand crank it is a "manually operated repeater" just like a hand crank Gatling. Remove the crank and add a battery power drill or screwdriver to turn it, the switch on the drill is now the trigger, one push and multiple rounds. MG.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

you must pull the trigger for each shot w/ rubberband, no different then a thumb through the triggerguard to your belt loop

so if you have a problem with the rubberband, get a geiselle triggger pack for under $300, better made and well reviewed
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

For me its easy, I just put my Third hole in it and run FA. That way I dont have to worry about a rubber band snapping and taking an eye out.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Yep, and the rubber bands are mentioned in addition to several ATF approved devices like the Hellfire, they were never considered MGs. What the letter says is illegal is any modification that makes the gun fire more than once for each operation of the trigger. The shoelace becomes a "conversion device" because the loop/ring on the end of the string you pull to initiate firing becomes the trigger by it's function. Same with those "crankfire" things that turn a cam to pull the trigger rapidly. Hand crank it is a "manually operated repeater" just like a hand crank Gatling. Remove the crank and add a battery power drill or screwdriver to turn it, the switch on the drill is now the trigger, one push and multiple rounds. MG.
    oh ive had this conversation with them on multiple occasions....

it changes nothing. you still wont get an approval letter if your device has a rubber band in it & if they go to the trouble to look at you for it... your going to lose.

i owned an AW-SIM & every other type of bumpfire & crank fire device created, including the designs i make..

first hand dealt with the fight over a spring... & rubber bands/tubing, which was the replacement for the spring..

they gave me the same spiel: they provide assistance. so when i set up something, i make sure that its completely user operated... no rubber bands, springs, rubber balls or even compressed air reactions...

but back on the original topic: im gonna test this trigger out, just like we do everything else in our hobby....... because thats what we do. If it sucks? im not bashful about saying so.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

yep the BATF is at every range hiding to ponce on users or hiding behind rocks in the desert

this idea was fostered by J edger hoover,

relax folks, plus the BATF changes it mind more than my wife, regardless who you speak to and who they are speaking too

so you all have a few choices by a $500 trigger that functions like a $ 289 geiselle or a 5 cent band you can throw away

this TacCon has already been reviewed by ar-15 members and ths vidoes are popping up on youtube
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

forums on ar15 with taccon triggers

how to bump fire ar 15 rubber band

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.