Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: $89 BCH with 158 bolt & charging handle deal PSA

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    there ain't much to staking a gas key-- about anybody with a vice and a punch can do it. any one who has built a AK or a 1911 it is a 'walk in the park".

a few years ago some of the not so well respected AR brands shipped a few BCGs that wern't staked to some mall-ninjas= the screws backed out and the m4orgety started jamming and short stroking .

rather than just tighten the screws up and stake them in --a 15 minute job max --(you can use lock-tight too if you want)-- they decided to plaster that loose screw all over the internet as a "BAD BCG".

now i have been buying BCGs for a long time --so far i haven't had ONE come that wasn't staked so i don't think it is a big risk there. knock on wood. i did buy a stripped carrier once and put a new key on it--nothing to it.

seems like i saw a kid on the internet that staked his BCG with vice-grips ! LOL! so i don't think were talking rocket-science here--

if i was paying top dollar i might be a little pissed if i got one that wasn't properly staked--but for this price it can come as loose parts in a bag!

a loose key is not good but it is an easy fix.
    Thanks j427x!! I kinda figured that was about it. I've seen them and it didn't look like rocket science. Yeah, I was wondering about locktite. I use the permanent stuff all time. You have to get it red hot to bust it loose.

mtdew, I need to quit reading his posts too. I'll have to get me another safe soon! LOL
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

if you lock-tight and stake the key properly --that about as "solid" as you can get without welding.

i know of people running the BCGs with JUST the lock-tight. no staking at all-- as far as i know the screws ain't backed up yet-- i figure they want to be able to take the BCG apart without having to grind/cut anything.

i lock-tight and stake mine pretty hard-- though i am one of them guys that is prone to over do stuff.

no staking ain't a big deal --nice if it is /no biggy if it ain't--

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

just got my p-tac BCG off the little brown truck.

good news is that it is properly staked, it has a very nice chrome lined gas key, the bolt is unmarked that i can find anyway, but it fits in the BCG very snug and looks new and un-fired with no smut or brass marks.

it is all most the twin to the BCG i bought from JSE a few months ago for $115.

the carrier has an "old stock" look to it and a little cosmo grease on it otherwise it is black park. a plane jane but it should run fine. like its JSE twin. and dozens of other mill surp ones i have used.

this is the least expensive BCG i have ever got after you subtract $15 for the CH it is what $74?? hell you can hardly get just the carrier for what this thing sold for.

the CH is just the plain jane aluminum forging that is sold for $14-$24 everywhere. i got quite a few just like it---they never gave any problems.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

got to run a few rounds of cheap wally-world black box tula through it today. it ran just like it should.

they have these back on sale for $89 with the CH for now.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

my bcg arrived today like new m-16 style brand spanking new really nice not bad for 80 something w shipping

off to better builds
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.