Thread: 80% ??

Feedback Score

Default 80% ??

Gentlemen, I found a resonable 80% lower and was wondering if I can leave it in the white after drilling and assembly. I don't think there's a much tougher finish for aluminum than natural oxidation but things may have changed since I used to do this. I also thought it would look neat and match my grandson's two-tone SIG.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I used that STUPID Black finish on 4 I machined. So what.

Leaving them in the white is cool as can be sir.
    M U S I B I K E

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have one that is natural. It's fine.

However. A Gentleman that is far smarter than I am has expressed the opinion that the surface hardening from the anodizing process is really worthwhile.

I tend to take the word of those smarter than I without too much argument.

My vote is that you get it anodized in Hot Pink. Just to demonstrate your manliness and comfort in your manhood.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    I have one that is natural. It's fine.

However. A Gentleman that is far smarter than I am has expressed the opinion that the surface hardening from the anodizing process is really worthwhile.

I tend to take the word of those smarter than I without too much argument.

My vote is that you get it anodized in Hot Pink. Just to demonstrate your manliness and comfort in your manhood.
    lmao!!!!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i would say "whatever finish you like!"

anodizing does toughen it up a little-- i think it is more for corrosion resistance to salt water than anything else. aluminum alloys reacts to salt water in a bad way.

i do recall a few years ago some mall-ninjas getting all 'hot under the collar about some uppers that were a3s and some vendor dremmeled the ramps to make them match the newer m4 ramped barrels.

now i have made my own m4 ramps a few times -- on them hard silicon aluminum forging uppers--after thousands of rounds the don't seem to have worn any--

so i figure raw t6 is pretty tough --hell i may just POLISH one of these ar-10s if i ever get around to building one--LOL!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i would say "whatever finish you like!"

anodizing does toughen it up a little-- i think it is more for corrosion resistance to salt water than anything else. aluminum alloys reacts to salt water in a bad way.

i do recall a few years ago some mall-ninjas getting all 'hot under the collar about some uppers that were a3s and some vendor dremmeled the ramps to make them match the newer m4 ramped barrels.

now i have made my own m4 ramps a few times -- on them hard silicon aluminum forging uppers--after thousands of rounds the don't seem to have worn any--

so i figure raw t6 is pretty tough --hell i may just POLISH one of these ar-10s if i ever get around to building one--LOL!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I have several 80%'s that I finished and never anodized then I have a few I did, no difference. I don't use them everyday cause I have too many of them. go figure!, Also I read a long time ago that aluminum if left alone in the elelments with anodize on its own. its the natural process. anodizing just speeds it up, think of old alum lawn furnature or window screens, how they oxidize over time your lower will do the same if not painted
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.