Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: AR Parts Availibility

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AKarl_12: I've bought a couple blem lowers from them before for gunsmith school projects (2010) and had no problems with the sale or the service at all. Their prices were decent at that time, but I haven't purchased anything from them recently.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

DSA makes good stuff. you are dealing direct with the factory when you order from them.

how quick they ship is equal to how backed up they are and what they have in stock.

i recently sent an inquiry to DSA about some stripped barrels a week back so far no reply. a year or so ago i ordered a few blem lowers from them took six+ weeks to get them.

i have ordered barrels and what not they had in stock and got them in a week or two.

during the 2013 panic they got two or more months behind in orders. i don't know how quick their shipping today.

DSA is known for making a good product and good prices somewhat slow order filling and shipping and a very crabby woman that works CS --LOL!

what i think happens is when you place an order if it is in stock it shipps if not it has to wait on the production and the wait depends on how deep the back order is.

other places sometimes carry DSA parts APEX and JSE for example if you want DSA stuff quick they would be better to order from.

DSA is a lot like DEL-TON before all the panic stuff they plodded along giving good prices with reasonable shipping times , then there is a panic and they get like 10,000,000 orders in one day--

for all we know they may still be catching up on the BOs from the last panic.

Quote Originally Posted by AKarl_12 View Post
    Has anyone tried picking up parts from here.

http://www.dsarms.com/c-672-barrels-related.aspx

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The blem lower showed up at the FFL today, and like most others that have commented about it, the blem(s) are just about non existant. I found one grain of sand sized pinhole on the mag well lip that is so small, it won't cause me to loose any sleep over it.

After I got home today the UPS guy showed up shortly afterwards and dropped off the two boxes with the 16" Melonite upper and Aimpoint PRO. The lower went together without any issues but the bolt and carrier feels like it'll need a little bit of lube till it gets broke in well. It doesn't seem too tight for brand new parts and I'll be taking it out tomorrow to put a few rounds down range to check it out thoroughly. The upper mates to the lower receiver nice and tight and has zero wiggle to it. It's probably one of the best fitting receiver combos I've come across that didn't start out as a matched set.

The rail is a MI FF round handguard with top rail that comes with a couple of add-on rail sections that can be mounted anywhere on the 3, 4:30, 6, 7:30 or 9 'O clock positions. The Aimpoint PRO is a nice optic and it came with a rear Magpul BUIS. The listing for the optic didn't say which MBUS was going to come with it so I was a little suprised to get a plastic Magpul unit.

So far I'm still very pleased in dealing with PSA.

Feedback Score

Just My experience with Palmetto . While the prices are usually quite good, their delivery estimates are often Optimistic at best. I have built one of their complete kits and used their LPK packages on two other rifles as well as jumping on their blem special of upper and lowers. The quickest on arrived was 10 days after the estimated day of delivery and the longest was 3 weeks after estimated date. None the less , the quality is always been pretty good and the prices so cheap that I will probably order form them again.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    people have been asking how quick PSA ships == from my experience the longest it took was a little over two weeks --about a week has been the norm.

PSA is usually swamped with orders.

JSE is super quick --sort of like new egg in the shipping dept-- even they got a week or two behind during the panic.

i don't mind a wait , i've had to deal with 'the factory" type set up before so a few weeks ain't much of a wait if i getting a good price.

i think DSA is about the slowest -- i'm thinking of ordering a few barrels from them--just in case 4th goes crazy with the bump-fire and melts a few--LOL!
    You would be broke in a week if you lived here Bro.. Tactical Machine and Spikes is a short drive from the house. Tactical, about 20 minutes and Spikes just a bit south here... Oh God please please don't let me start getting into these ARs. Please..
    Good people both and they like Vets..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

UPS man made my day today. The $289 M4 complete upper assembly arrived and it looks like a very nice piece. Now I just need the $49 Anderson lower and the $29 parts kit to arrive so I have something to put it on. I already have a spare M4 stock assembly here so I don't need to buy one of those for it.

The numbered and colored T-slots markings are a nice touch.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.