Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AR Parts Availibility

Feedback Score

Default AR Parts Availibility

After doing some searching here it seems Palmetto State Armory and JSE have the best prices on AR parts but it's frustrating when you go there they don't have many parts in stock. The AR building is all new to me so how long do they take to restock anyway? Are there any other suppliers that have decent prices and items in stock?
    Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

What is it that you are looking for? The only part that seems to be in short supply right now is barrels. Other than that, I have been able to find everything else.
    I really like dealing with Brownell's and Midway. Their inventories are very good and their service is next to none.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

generally a week or two-- there is a glut of AR parts right now-- but if their discount priced they sell out quick.

the first places i look are JSE and PSA, but there are many good ar-15 parts vendors.

what parts are you looking for? if it is not a one off deal it should be in stock somewhere--

you might try alpha shooting sports, DSG arms, brownells, midway, APEX, DSA, cobra tactical, even SMG has a few things in stock like ar-15 barrels--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

all the above companies, I use midway n brownells sometimes JT, model 1, doublestar there a hundreds of distributors. I also highly recommend AR-15 forum equipment exchange http://www.ar15.com/forums/b/7_Equipment_Exchange.html
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Thanks all fast responses. Prices seem to be all over the place between different vendors.
    PSA prices seem crazy good when items are available also JSE seems great to. I'm trying to put a couple of parts kist together for a future builds.
    You can cobble all the parts way cheaper than just buying a complert kit. Barrels do seem to be in randomly.
    Speaking of barrels how are the ones by Del-ton?

Sprat I don't want to join another forum. But I will look into that.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

AKMA

not suggesting joining another site, but look at the EE section for good buys, at the same time any and all questions concerning AR's can be found there
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

del ton barrels are pretty good. i think del-ton is about the only 20"s around for right now-- at one time i think their blanks were wilsons, don't know if that is true today. i have a 20" del-ton a1 barrel and it shoots perfectly well.

even those 16" m4 barrels i got from sportsmans guide seem good and they were insane cheap, like $79 or even less back then.

we forgot to mention COPEs dist --they carry a lot of ar-15 stuff too. like uppers and LPKs and mags your gonna want a lot of good mags--

right now PSA , JSE and DSA have about the best prices on parts and kits.

PSA generally has the best sale prices while JSE and DSA have the best "everyday" prices --

you also got to consider that various brand parts cost more -- like colt barrel is a lot more $$ than a del-ton and so on. i wouldn't bust a nut trying to get the absolute lowest price.

i pick on the mall ninjas and all their name brand fetish shit but sometimes a better part does cost a bit more.

recently some of el-cheapo SARCO small parts started acting up. i don't know where SARCO got this shit but it sure as hell ain't GI specs--LOL

for a first time build get a complete upper and a lower parts kit and a stock of your liking from a decent quality known brand /vendor, follow one of the many guides on how to assemble the thing and you should be fine. the AR is a very simple arm --very straight forward and mostly easy.

on cost a decent build kit is about $400 some odd, if you get one of these $49.99 lowers and get a decent FFL transfer were probably talking around $500+ give or take a few bucks out the door.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    AKMA

not suggesting joining another site, but look at the EE section for good buys, at the same time any and all questions concerning AR's can be found there
    I did check out your link and it was very informative. Thanks again for the info.

Feedback Score

j427x As your thoughts were different brands will cost more ie.Colt vs brand x but not necessarily better. I value your insight that brand x was nearly as good as a brand name as I'm not into brands per se.
    There aren't many barrel deals out there now but I was looking at this one. It's pretty close to what I originally wanted.Not sure the caliber it's one of the three. Your thoughts if you could please?
    http://www.jsesurplus.com/Del-Ton16M...lStripped.aspx
    I did see Sarco kits and Copes is out of barrels.
    Thanks again

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i got one of these DEL-ton middies -5.56 chamber -it is a good accurate barrel and it is super smooth operating being on middy gas-- but it is a H-bar profile so its heavy. i don't know if you want that weight-- it is accurate though.

generally speaking those mill-spec names the mall-ninjas are in love with ARE better --but not in ways that help much to a semi shooter and they cost a lot more. now if they cost the same yea they would be much better. the way things are though is you have to pay big bucks for that 10% or less of 'better" in most cases. not enough better to justify the cost some of the time.

things not to skimp on are the barrel and the bolt carrier group --that don't mean you have to buy a super duper gold plated ones made out of forged 'goobertonium" just try to get a mill spec bolt carrier group and a properly set up barrel with the correct headspace and the correct size and location on the gas port.

as far as barrels go and 4140 1-9" twist barrel should last for thousands of rounds-- chrome lining IS better for durability , extraction and it don't hurt accuracy much. that said i have many non chromed barrels and they all work fine so it it is worth it or not depends on the use. full auto in the war zone give me the best chrome lined barrel you got . for shooting jack rabbits on the farm and defending the homestead a 4140 non chromed barrel will just last and last. the cheap barrels have another advantage when they do wear out they cheap and easy to replace. and even a cheap barrel will shoot many hundreds of dollars more than it cost in ammo before it wears any--

the correct barrel is the one that fits what you want to do with it. the most common types are the m4 16" the 16" light weight and the 20" a1/a2 rifle barrel.

the H-bars and bulls are mostly used for target shooting from a bench --a 16" H-bar is light enough to tote if you have too. if i'm humping one through the brush i want a m4 or a 20" a1/a2 profile

Quote Originally Posted by akma View Post
    j427x As your thoughts were different brands will cost more ie.Colt vs brand x but not necessarily better. I value your insight that brand x was nearly as good as a brand name as I'm not into brands per se.
    There aren't many barrel deals out there now but I was looking at this one. It's pretty close to what I originally wanted.Not sure the caliber it's one of the three. Your thoughts if you could please?
    http://www.jsesurplus.com/Del-Ton16M...lStripped.aspx
    I did see Sarco kits and Copes is out of barrels.
    Thanks again

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.