Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: back in the 90's (?)I got suckered into an Olympic cast..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I shudder to think of how many people around here bought one from that shop I mentioned in my earlier post. They had billboards up all over the county advertising them. j4, I bet you know the billboards I'm talking about. Not naming names, but it was a shop on the service road in Bryant.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here's something I read back then: http://minuteofdesk.blogspot.com/201...mpic-arms.html
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    I shudder to think of how many people around here bought one from that shop I mentioned in my earlier post. They had billboards up all over the county advertising them. j4, I bet you know the billboards I'm talking about. Not naming names, but it was a shop on the service road in Bryant.
    yea i know the one-- i've never been in the place.

i did see some very nice looking olympic lowers a few years ago --i think that MEGA machine actually made them for oly beck when mega was unheard of --i never ran a 0lympic upper or lower or hell or any small parts even---i don't know if their that bad today or they wouldn't be around.

too much cheap and good DSA/del-ton, PSA stuff to be had to even bother with oly stuff--IMHO

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    yea i know the one-- i've never been in the place.

i did see some very nice looking olympic lowers a few years ago --i think that MEGA machine actually made them for oly beck when mega was unheard of --i never ran a 0lympic upper or lower or hell or any small parts even---i don't know if their that bad today or they wouldn't be around.

too much cheap and good DSA/del-ton, PSA stuff to be had to even bother with oly stuff--IMHO
    Agreed! I've done 2 now with PSA parts. Decent stuff and the price is right.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

It is always funny, I hear all the Oly horror stories. Currently I have 3 Oly based rifles ( all forged) Fit and Finish is comparable to anything you would find in any of the Mid Grade manufactures. While I also have Rifles from S&W and YHM, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Oly , I may in fact be grabbing another 5.45 upper from them shortly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Oly has created this atmosphere of distrust itself by poor QC and lack of customer support where the cast lowers are concerned. I have seen and fired good forged lower Oly's in the past. These particular guns that I handled were known to be good reliable shooters and I even tried to buy one of them. But I would be a little leary of buying a new complete Oly rifle off the shelf. Just leaves me with a bad feeling. Bushmaster had some issues a long time ago with some oddball gun that left a bad taste in peoples mouth that they seemed to have overcome. Maybe Olympic can do the same. I'm glad you are happy with yours.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.