Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: back in the 90's (?)I got suckered into an Olympic cast..

Feedback Score

Default back in the 90's (?)I got suckered into an Olympic cast..

Receiver.screwed up a perfectly good g I upper to make it fit.Anyone else get suckered on one of 'em? I literally took a hammer to that lower after Olympic arms said there was nothing wrong with them. Repeatedly

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I had one, I told them it was "misfiring" and sent it back to them, The sent me an updated Forged lower. Still would not get another.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I got my olympic in 06 and has fit every upper Ive tried, never any problems with mine

Feedback Score

Those CAST ones were crap.their forged ones are ok.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I had several cast ones. Yes, they sucked. I got Olympic to swap them for Forged units, and those were just fine. Never had another issue out of them. Last one went to my Brother, he still shoots it twice a month. All I can say is Meh....
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

There's a pawn/gunshop near here that was selling them pre-panic days for about $150 less than wal-mart was selling their lowest priced ones. Many folks I know where real exited about the price and were gonna race out and buy one and asked me what I thought so I started doing some research on the guns. The reviews online were mostly negative, saying that the gun wouldn't feed properly, etc, and forget about getting Oly to fix them, and like stalker said, Oly told many, many people that there was nothing wrong with the gun, that they "didn't know how to load and operate the weapon properly". Many of these folks were prior military or law enforcement, so I would think if they said the damn thing didn't work, it didn't work. Some said they bought it for the low price only to have to replace the lower out of their own pocket after Oly refused to make it right. I was able to steer the folks that talked to me away from them. Overall the verdict was either you get one that works or it don't.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Another thing Oly told folks to do was to modify their mags so the gun would work. Really?
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Man after I buggered my good upper it still had to be forced right to left to get the rear take down pin to hammer in.for the first mag.swear to God that lower stretched to fit! I disassembled it kept the good parts and literally beat that lower apart.I'm not that quick to trip now but at the time I didn't think Olympic would take it back since they were so busy defending them and I didn't want anyone else to get screwed with it.

Feedback Score

OlympicArms was one of the first to produce the AR in pistol form. When it was announced that it would also be produced in 7.62X39, the owner was asked if he was worried about what would happen to the supply of cheap (steel projectile) ammo and the effects on the shooting public. It was widely reported at the time that his response was one word; PHUQUE'EM. I've had no time for that company ever since.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

way back when i was at a gunshow in the early 90s i looked at an olympic rifle -- it was the roughest ar-15 i had ever seen -- i don't know which lower it had--probably cast. don't know how or if it ran. maybe it was better than it looked but somehow i doubt it--

so rough it made the hydramatic m16 look like a piece of art--LOL -- and they had the nerve to ask $600 for the POS too--

but there was this guy selling FN-FALs for $220 with the scope and mount and he threw in 20 mags--LOL!

i bet the olympics were slow sellers--

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.