Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: O.K. j4. ready to build..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Well. I kind of built this one. Put the top on and put those two pins in. I used super glue on the pins, don't want them coming out. That would suck..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

4th, now THAT looks like a handy little firearm. Make sure you send a picture to Pelosi and company.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

now that is a REAL hi-cap mag ya got there 4th! LOL!

Feedback Score

Two questions. 1is that mag real? 2 does it freaking work? Ok three questions. Why not a cmag? Looks cool and since its touching the ground you can pivot to shoot!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

you should see 4th quad mounted belt fed bump fire 7" barreled shorties he has got mounted on his bass-boat--damn swamp monster ain't got a prayer!-LOL!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Two questions. 1is that mag real? 2 does it freaking work? Ok three questions. Why not a cmag? Looks cool and since its touching the ground you can pivot to shoot!
    That is my truck gun.. Down here in the swamps we have to be ready for anything.. Yes it works, that is velcro tabs on those there mags.. Yah just snap one off when empty and slam another in..
    Here is my home defense quad AKs for varmints.. Double stack 100 round drums..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Your wife would be mad if you ever cut loose with that in the house! LOL. Nice setup man

Feedback Score

All we have are bears and bobcats city junkies looking for an easy place to break in. Coyotes too.you look like you ready for the invasion! Sweet set ups man.me jealous.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Building/assembling. Like when my bud corrected me when I called a cars power plant a "motor". He said its called an "engine" when internal combustion or steam is involved, a "motor" uses electricity. So I say to u guys the same as I said to him, "You know what the F@*# I mean!" Just yankin yer chain!
    Last edited by mtdew; 01-31-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    Kernel, I would beg to differ with you. Thats like saying in my former life I 'assembled' houses instead of built them because the lumber came pre-planed and the studs were pre-cut.
    My first firearm builds were 1911s and with those I used jewelers rouge and lapping compound so that all the mating and reciprocating surfaces were glass-like, both frame-to-slide and internals.
    I approached my several AR builds the same way. I assure you I 'built' my ARs.
    I assure you that just as I have the knowledge and ability to fell trees, plane lumber, and make nails, I have the ability to mold plastic, turn barrels and drill holes in frames I've cast. I have just found that some other people do it a little faster, a little better and a little more economically than I so I chose to use their parts and products.
    Hunter
    To use your house analogy, an AR is like assembling a pre-fab home where you simply attach the pre-made pieces to each other, building a house from a pile of lumber is building. The 1911 was designed when hand fitting of parts was the norm, for example it is rare that you can install an aftermarket safety without fitting it to your particular 1911. Hand lapping the slide to frame fit is also allowed because many 1911 parts are made oversized to allow hand fitting to precision tolerances, or you can tighten up the fit by peening the rails and such. Even the major parts advertised as "drop in" have a caveat in the instructions saying fitting may be required.

The AR15, however, was designed by a guy who made use of the latest "space age" materials and manufacturing practices, allowing for very tight tolerances and universal fit of parts with little to no hand fitting required. AR15 safeties just drop in with no fitting required unless something is majorly out of whack. Can't say as I recall a single AR part ever advertised that it was oversized for hand fitting. Yes, you can smooth out tool marks and such if ya want to, but 99% of the time that part would work fine as is. And the anodizing on the AL parts should not be messed with as it imparts surface hardness and reduces wear. AR15 disconnectors are kinda finicky, but that is an issue with poor manufacturing, not a requirement to fit to an individual rifle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.