Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: EP armory Raided by atf

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

By itself, not a huge thing in the grand scheme of things relating to the 2A. However, when you look at all the other anti 2A stuff going on all over the country, up to and including Operation Fast & Furious, it certainly looks like a coordinated attack, not isolated incidents. So I wonder how expensive AR 80%'s of all types are going to get? I would opine that they'll be far more expensive than a 100% FFL lower. They were almost at that level anyway. I guess I need to go back to my "sheetmetal AR Lower" project.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

$129 for a aluminum ar 80% with approval letter & jig & bits!!

thats the sale i saw today.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I know someone that did a TM 80% lower at Ares machine shop, on their CNC machine. They made me put it in the machine, close the door, and I had to push the green start button, take it out, wash it off, etc. They only took my "rental fee" for using the machine. At no point did they touch my 80% or completed or the machinery. It was all me. But that got shut down, and they're back to old rackety drill presses that break, from what i heard.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

^^ right.

thats a problem for them. even a drill press is gonna be an issue.. working on them in any way at their store location is gonna be a problem.

as a seller of 80% non gun receivers without a license..... they are NOT supposed to have ANY work/completion at the same facility.... that makes them/their location a manufacture facility... regardless of who does the work.

the mere fact that they even have it programmed or available is a major no no that the ATF has been pushing for a good while now. Very clearly stated in the letter & when you call they reinforce this to you...... repeatedly.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

That is at thier machine shop, not retail store. Does it count as retail facility because thier name is on the lease? I honestly dont know. The retail store and machine shop are like 5+ miles apart. They do not sell anything at the machine shop, the only money exchanged is for renting thier CNC machine. You COULD buy the 80% lower at their retail store, drive to their machine shop and use the machines, is that the same thing? I remember they were under different names or something, i read on their website a long time ago, something to cover them maybe; like 'ares armor is not affiliated with the machine shop" or something.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

MR. P:

honestly i dont know on that... & im sure that is gonna be the main part of their defense. SEPARATION.

all i know about is whats in the letter from the ATF & what they tell us on the phone.

on the personal end? im totally against CNC's for build party's.... always have been. too many ways for it to go wrong.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

not much of a joiner myself, so I never did a build party, nor do i own or have I ever used a CNC. so lets see they pre-program the CNC and folks who know nothing carve out a lower? thats building oh well to each his own

maybe the feds have a arguement, does not even sound like a build party

I will stick with the drill press dremel, hand drill and files
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

^^ Spratty,

like you... i dont consider CNC'd push button set ups "building"... but then again i also dont consider putting together ANY firearm from off the shelf parts with no "work" building either.

but i do love our old fashioned style build party's. most of the time i dont even get to work on my own stuff from going around helping others & just BSing.. usually wore plum out by the end of the party.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

I enjoy working and actually building just as much as the next guy, but watching a cnc machine do an 80% aluminum receiver was pretty cool. my buddy was happy with how it came out. Looked neat watching the big robot thing go whiz wirr clank.

The poly 80%'s are definitly on the line, after looking at one. They look like they were initially made with the fire pocket open, then filled with diff color resin.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

No supposedly they( 80%) are made around the inner pocket, not a void being filled in, if you ever did one you would see and know that, especially if you used a dremel verse a CNC
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ep armory atf

lcg ar parts sacramento ca
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.