Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: EP armory Raided by atf

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Ill take pictures Sprat, from my untrained eye it really looks like the the receiver is made, then filled in with the white resin, hence the white resin overflow out of certain areas, but i could be wrong. Just really looks like it. especially when im hitting the white resin with my dremel, vice a CNC... :-\

Feedback Score

What a bunch of anti CNC bunk. Been machining for 40 years, manual and cnc. Built my own FAL receivers from 6" round 4340 barstock. Did my own programming with a TI-30 calculator with no CadCam program over 20 years ago. Damn proud of my work. Today CadCam is affordable and just another available tool. PLEASE tell me why I am a no skilled individual?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

6 inch ROUND stock! ? Willie you my hero and a builder. Damn.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Mr P.

the owner of EP explained the process of manufacturing these so called 80%, also the BATF is claiming these white inserts can just be pried out with minor machining, the bottom of the FCG area is webbed and interlocking so they can not be pried out.
    so the owner has said he starts with the insert first and molds around the insert, plus you still have to finish out the FCG under the white insert, there is more black to go

that has been my experience and others
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Sprat, i know what the mfgr states, but didn't know the rest as i haven't completed one. Thats interesting to know, thanks!

Its all a bi-product of itself I think. Start with 2A, restrict it, and someone will find a way to make it around the restriction. And so on and so on. Just sucks that the work-arounds end up causing more restrictions usually. Which step by step gets to where the anti gun douchers wanted to go anyways. Can't make guns illegal without a big stink. But bit by bit they can without anyone really doing anything about it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    What a bunch of anti CNC bunk. Been machining for 40 years, manual and cnc. Built my own FAL receivers from 6" round 4340 barstock. Did my own programming with a TI-30 calculator with no CadCam program over 20 years ago. Damn proud of my work. Today CadCam is affordable and just another available tool. PLEASE tell me why I am a no skilled individual?
    Willie,

what you do takes SKILL. you didnt walk up, push a button & walk away with a firearm. you knew how to do it. thats NOT the case with these CNC build party's they are after.

no one ever said you werent skilled or a skilled builder. many of my best build buddy's are skilled builders/machinists. there are tons of machinist on this forum & WG who are super builders... thats NOT what was said at all.

what was said was that pushing a button & having the machine spit out a functioning gun after its done all the work for someone is not a PERSON building.

the CNC party's that we are talking about are pretty well discussed in a million locations. & you being a machinist you already know this about a good running CNC program.

when anybody walks up and pushes the run button or hits enter.... theres no skill going on from Joeblo who doesnt even know how the machinist wrote that code.

theres no building, theres no work by the individual... theres no skill on their end.

its a huge bone of contention on homebuilding & CNC. who really built it? some Joeblo who pushed a button? or the guy who wrote the program? who had the real skill? THIS is the basis of the ATF's latest crusade.

without someone else doing the work of writing the program & setting it up for them... a huge amount of the guys doing lowers on CNC's wouldnt even know how to find a zero.

its kinda like math class in elementary school.... you gotta do your own work.

IN NO WAY would i ever discount skill or experience of the guys who have helped teach me this hobby & taught me tons of things.

next thing you know they will be wanting to issue a license for anyone to run a CNC machine in a private gunbuilding operation.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

LOOK MA I can build a unregistered Semiauto with no hands.

This stuff will eventually hurt everyone . If it gets to easy an any idiot or criminal can do it then they will figure out a way to stop it .

unfortunately bad guys will build these also an that hurts the millions of good guys .

Id like to get a so called 80% 1911 frame before its to late .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Sprat well said about build partys were you basically are just renting or borrowing a machine to make you a illeagel gun .

Guys like Willie can come up with a design an then figure out how to
    program there machine to make it are very very skilled . I d love to have half his skill .

But If say a skilled guy sets every thing up an I sticks a bar of metal in a jig an locks it in place an hit a button Im not building . Id be trying to either save a few dollars or skirt the current laws fair or not .

Years ago I half ass thought about buying a lot of kits an then taking my press an jig to gun shows an sell kits an then let guys bend there own receiver that id also sell the flat for . I thought about it an thought of all the bad things that could happen an gave up the idea. At least those guys I helped would need to weld in the rails an fit a few things .

I know the term 80% has no real meaning as far if something is a receiver but it seems to me the percentage of actual work a guy needs to do on this stuff is getting less an less perticulary were ARs, are concerned . The possability of guns made on printers is another area were things are going to make it bad for the true builder as once laws get passed its going to hit us as well.

The Internet is a double edged sword Im afraid I have learned a lot an thought some but the price of kits is skyrocketed because of this stuff we do .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Biggun if you sold the jig and leased the press maybe you woulda been ok but if you bought the jig for the same price back .....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks seanny

I could not have articulated that the way you did

Big gun

thats why I stopped given out build info, besides my advice would not come in handy to guys using milling machines or CNC

with all my skill there are two things I can not do, one is weld the other is run a milling machine
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ep armory atf

lcg ar parts sacramento ca
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.