Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: EP armory Raided by atf

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Biggun that's what I'm saying. I remember the 80's. Ya don't want to skate ya know?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    Thanks seanny

I could not have articulated that the way you did

Big gun

thats why I stopped given out build info, besides my advice would not come in handy to guys using milling machines or CNC

with all my skill there are two things I can not do, one is weld the other is run a milling machine
    Spratty,

thanks! sometimes what im trying to get across gets lost in the words... there is just no way to actually put emotions & feelings in these posts.... so the true intent is not always easy to see.

that & i talk/type too much. LMAO
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

IMO SOME of the home building stuff to try to skirt laws an find loopholes is going to kill this hobby.

IMO your goals in home building is to build a nice weapon for possibly less money an enjoy doing it an maybe doing some thing new not whipping out a complete fire arm in a few minutes.

When guys start doing things so they dont have pay this or that or comply with a law its often going end up hurting the hobby .

I know a lot of honest guys dont want to be on a list or regestery but I also wonder why some will spend double to not have go through a FFL .

when home built ars an aks start getting into the hundreds of thousands or even millions You know whats coming .

when you got a California company cranking out thousands of almost done AR recviers that are going to be untraced its not going to end well . the laws that will likely come will kill the guy who goes out an mills one from scratch taking lots of time an skill from making a quality part .

just because its legal do not make it a good Idea . Stuff like that, were a company can make a lot of cash selling plastic blanks cheap only fuels law changes . Unfortunalty there are criminal in this world who wreck it for the other 95 %

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here is the latest-- http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/...y-attorney.pdf
    I think it is saying the ep80 lowers as they are made ARE considered a firearm and if that's so then I guess we can expect the jack boots to come knocking.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That link didn't seem to work, lets try again-
    http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/...y-attorney.pdf
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Well I guess now I'm glad I didn't buy any.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

guess it looks like polymer80 is borked too, ay least all the ones they sold with the "pre-formed" cavity as the posted letter determines.

wonder whats gonna happen now ? bunch of people gonna be getting letters to surrender these things ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ive purchased several of the EP lowers early on.. NONE of mine were done in the manner that they show in this letter...

this is one of the most detailed & specific letters ive ever seen the ATF put out...

my EP's do NOT have the holes marked & do NOT have the biscuit that was the exact size of the pocket.... this must ahve been a newer generation model.

in the ones i have you take the white part out and THEN you have to go on out in the black to where it needs to be..

my jm & poly 80's are all this way.. NONE of them ever used the actual pocket size or hole locations for exactly that reason.

so its interesting to see this & read how they were doing these.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

right on seanny

plus mine where all blems
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

All the blems I saw did match the letter description, 'biscuit' was the complete fire control cavity area(when finished) and had locator nipples for axis pins.
    The letter was detailed and a good read. Did anyone else notice though that the ATF argument was tailored exactly to fit what EP built, i.e. "you did this and we find that to be in violation of the law". 1) The filler 'biscuit' defines the fire control area, therefore = indexing and makes it a firearm. 2) The locator nipples show where to drill the holes for pins, thus = a firearm, not a blank. Guess EP really didn't do thier homework.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ep armory atf

lcg ar parts sacramento ca
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.