Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: EP armory Raided by atf

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

To bad the ATF did not work that hard on "Operation Fast and Furious." Wonder if they bought any of those receivers for their Mexican drug cartel amigos?
    Are they still issuing bean bag guns too our Border Patrol?
    Are our borders still wide the f$%K open?
    Are they still firing Border Patrol Agents who dare arrest their illegal immigrants?
    Are they so worried about illegal, they do not understand what "Illegal Alien" or a "Straw Purchase" is?
    Are they ever going to set the record straight on their confusion over "Armor Piercing Ammo?"
    Are they going to hire Lon Horuchie as a sniper?
    Nah, their to busy worrying about legal gun owners purchases.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocster View Post
    All the blems I saw did match the letter description, 'biscuit' was the complete fire control cavity area(when finished) and had locator nipples for axis pins.
    The letter was detailed and a good read. Did anyone else notice though that the ATF argument was tailored exactly to fit what EP built, i.e. "you did this and we find that to be in violation of the law". 1) The filler 'biscuit' defines the fire control area, therefore = indexing and makes it a firearm. 2) The locator nipples show where to drill the holes for pins, thus = a firearm, not a blank. Guess EP really didn't do thier homework.

YES i did notice this... & noticed that they also included pictures and complete descriptions of what/why/how they ruled this... this NOT how they usually send a letter.. its pretty dang thorough for them... so they are obviously making it very clear for the court case they expect.

this really doesnt look very good for EP... if they really are using an exact size biscuit? they got no chance. same on the holes being marked... this goes all the way back a couple of years .. this was a no no...

Spratty, i never thought of it from where we all got those blems... good point.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

rocster

the biscuit does not form the fcg cavity if you did one you would no, you have to enlarge the cavity and deepen the hole, also the biscuit does not just come out, you have to drill/dremel most if not all out, as far as the fcg nubs they stick out n holes referenced to drill into this is not as easy as the letter states. but i agree EP did not do their homework
    also most if not all the blems are not indexed correctly and needed addition modification

when they send a letter I will reply with a question about the fast n furious firearms
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

What is wrong with this is the GCA68 and the other thousands of firearm laws. This and the selective laws that are enforced.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    What is wrong with this is the GCA68 and the other thousands of firearm laws. This and the selective laws that are enforced.

That's why they just need to do away with any and all firearm related laws. To me the only crimes are those commited with the firearm. The same as a rock, a knife, a stick, etc....
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Correct willie.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Sometimes the best "Defense" is a good "Offense." What the S.O.B.s are doing is great, on their part.
    "Whoa, we really stirred them up with that ammo ruling, lets get them going with these lowers. Great thinking their Agent 99, they forgot all about "OPERATION FAST AND FURIOUS."

"Authorities offer reward to find killers of border agent Brian Terry"
    PHOENIX -- U.S. authorities are offering up to $250,000 for information leading to the capture of two suspects wanted in connection with the 2010 killing of a Border Patrol agent.
    Authorities offer reward to find killers of border agent Brian Terry - ktar.com

R.I.P. Agent Terry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

law enforcement has become politics and that is the problem. police agencys are allowed to set their own policy and to some extent make law.

that is why federal police agencys like the FBI, BATF, DEA, DHLS, IRS and so on are a threat to freedom, democracy and the constitution. this violates the departmental operations of government--

you can't have the executive branch making law. ALL enforcement branches ARE executive branches, they are not allowed to make LAW. what is next is the army going to make law? --the navy? hell we got the argi department, the EPA and the like making law-- this is not kosher --

they are supposed to be there to enforce the law -- instead of this they make up laws, set entrapment, look the other way when they break the law their supposed to enforce, then attempt to go after citezens who break some kind of fringe technicality with the full weight of their office?

this sounds like north korea except with red tape, police and lawyers instead of flame throwers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Shit there went my idea to make an sell plastic lowers with a modeling clay center an an a jig glued to the sides with drill bits already in the holes part way .
    LOL

I think builders need to be honest with them selves here a little bit. How easy do we really think this needs to be ?

IMO all this is going to end up killing the entire hobby dead or regulating it tot he point were we will be better of just buying a done gun .

I think there needs to be some skill an effort involved to build a fire arm . Its pretty damn clear these latest versions were made to skirt the law. they might as well came with a upper an a loaded mag .

I am actually glad to see the ATF did not go further in declaring what made a AR receiver blank a gun . It seems that they just reaffirmed what we already knew . Lets be honest is a dimple VS a divot really not trying to skirt the laws . The holes are/were indexed I don't think there was one person who thought this was going to fly very long .

IF you have one of these an you ordered it direct from the company you better be prepared to give it up Unless a court ruling says the ATF is wrong . Im just glad they didnt really change the rules an make it so a needing to be machined lower is banned

YEA YEA YEA I know all gun laws are unconstitutional an that this is a infringement on our rights an yea I agree . I also know that just because some things are legal or can be done there not a good idea . I also think the company should have gotten approval with a sample exactly like there selling before selling 4000 or so of these scrape out the the guts an drill on the pimple receivers . It was a nice try an it backfired . IMO trying to find a loophole to exploit for a profit.

The letter was detailed and a good read. Did anyone else notice though that the ATF argument was tailored exactly to fit what EP built, i.e. "you did this and we find that to be in violation of the law". 1) The filler 'biscuit' defines the fire control area, therefore = indexing and makes it a firearm. 2) The locator nipples show where to drill the holes for pins, thus = a firearm, not a blank. Guess EP really didn't do thier homework.
    well said these were made exactly to be used as the ATF described the maker was not trying to fool anyone IMO they must have felt that there work around the law would be acceptable . I mean really you have a perfect fire control area once you remove the insert regardless if the chicken or the egg or how i came first or how its held in an braille bumps for the rest of the holes . Honestly a a blind man could likely build one .

Its almost as bad as saying the fire control group is filled with a substance called air an it requires the builder to remove the air to finish so there fore there legal .

Flame away . But IMO the maker needed to be a little more responsible to its customers . Hope fully they will offer a legal version as a replacement if they have to be forfeited if there still in business

IMO when it gets this easy it wont be long before a home build will need to have a serial number an be registered . IMO we need to keep this a little but about skill an being a hobby not a way to get a unregistered gun easy with little or no skill involved. 3D printer guns will kill this hobby also if we let it .

Feedback Score

The plug is actually smaller than the fcg well needs to be. What's the difference between three dimples on each side of the receiver and clamping a receiver in a jig?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    What's the difference between three dimples on each side of the receiver and clamping a receiver in a jig?
    a lot. mainly that all the approved designs & reviews from the atf say NO FCG HOLE SPOTTING.

lots of people dont have a jig or you need to purchase one... or they mess it up.. vs just drilling pre spotted holes.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Search tags for this page

ep armory atf

lcg ar parts sacramento ca
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.