Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: EP armory Raided by atf

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Default EP armory Raided by atf

http://www.thebangswitch.com/ep-armo...ed-by-the-atf/

News broke yesterday that the BATF had raided the business premises of EP Armory and the home of it’s owner, Chris Cook. News reports are sparse as the ATF is being fairly tight lipped about the nature of their investigation. Local news sources are reporting that the ATF is on the hunt for “illegal weapons”. As of this writing the ATF has now allowed the store front to reopen for business.

We recently reviewed an 80% lower receiver from EP Armory here on TheBangSwitch. EP Armory receivers are mostly complete and only require a small amount of machining to convert them into a fully functioning AR15 lower receiver. However, as 80% complete receivers they are not considered to be firearms in the eyes of the government. Once manufacturing is completed by the owner, they are not required to be serial numbered or to be registered on a 4473 form despite the fact they are now deemed to be firearms. Your EP Armory AR15 becomes one of those mystical “ghost guns” bantered about in the media as of late.

There’s nothing nefarious about building your own firearm. As American citizens we have the right to manufacture our own firearms and when we do, there’s nothing the federal government can say about it… that whole interstate commerce thing. As long as you don’t manufacture them for sale you can make as many as you like for your own personal use and it’s none of Uncle Sam’s business.

Who knows what the G-men are ferreting for, one can only speculate. What I do know is that a fine, and highly arbitrary, line exists between a 80% complete lower and a receiver that’s considered to be a firearm in the eyes of our overlords. Could this be related to the nebulous methods used by the BATF to define 80% lowers? <shrug>

Perhaps Mr. Cook was up to something shady. Perhaps it’s the ATF that’s up to something shady and they’re after copies of EP Armory’s sales records… We won’t know until the ATF breaks their silence, or if charges are ultimately filed.

Let’s hope this is nothing more than an innocent misunderstanding and EP Armory is back on its feet in short order.

- See more at: http://www.thebangswitch.com/ep-armo....6eOCTJXe.dpuf

more

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - A bill passing through the state legislature would require homemade weapons to be registered and owners to acquire serial numbers.

Parts used to make homemade weapons are sold at EP Armory, a Bakersfield store off District Boulevard that was raided on Friday by ATF agents.

State Sen. Kevin de Leon introduced the bill that last month and it passed in the Senate. It now heads to Assembly.

EP Armory specializes in selling what gun enthusiasts know as "80 percent lowers" -- a portion of an AR-15 homemade rifle kit.

READ RELATED | Local man 'lowers' expectations and starts his dream business in the gun industry

Chris Cook, owner of EP armory, told 23ABC on Friday that ATF agents were searching for illegal firearms. Cook denies any wrongdoing and says agents seized sales records, computers, cell phones and other documents from the business and employees. Cook's home was also searched.

Although the website says the store opens at 11 a.m. Monday it was closed as of just before noon.

more Here is the reason I don't give building advice on the internet anymore, read this article below ( illegal aliens)

SACRAMENTO, California — Two Sacramento brothers were charged Thursday with making hundreds of illegal, untraceable firearms as part of what law enforcement officials said was a wide-ranging network designed to skirt federal laws.

Luis Cortez-Garcia, 44, and Emiliano Cortez-Garcia, 37, were indicted by a federal grand jury in Sacramento on multiple charges of unlawful manufacturing and sales of firearms including short-barreled rifles, machine guns, and silencers. Emiliano Cortez-Garcia is also charged with being a felon in possession of firearms.

Attorney Danny Brace Jr., who represents Luis Cortez-Garcia, said both men thought they were acting legally. Both are being held by immigration authorities on allegations that they were living in the country illegally.

Brace and federal firearms officials agreed that the men were selling firearms parts that under some circumstances can be legally owned and assembled into working firearms by individuals, so long as they aren't sold or transferred to others. Unlike fully assembled weapons sold through dealers, the assembled parts do not contain serial numbers and are not registered with authorities.
    ..snip...
    Search warrants unsealed Thursday show firearms agents raided 11 locations in October in Sacramento, West Sacramento, Antelope, Auburn, Ione, Placerville, and Fresno, seizing 345 guns, including multiple fully automatic assault rifles, illegal short-barreled rifles, and silencers. Authorities said undercover agents and at least one convicted felon previously purchased nearly three-dozen made-to-order assault weapons from the brothers and their associates.
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

spratty,

its too late bud... everything you have posted in the past is still there... even if yoyu go back & attempt to delete it.. its still there archived in the crawlers..
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Seanny

yes lad I know, but luckily most of it, (especially the early stuff) is on a few defunct and/ or pay as you go sites, I feel better that I stopped
    even if its just that.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

LMAO.... Seanny... thats what my sister called me when we were little kids! nice memory of a time long ago.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

seanny

you are welcome glad to to put a smile on your face, but even scarier is sean is my gaelic name on my Irish doocuments (papers)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

so we have illegal aliens, making illegal firearms?

and the big "O"-nut will try to pass laws against the lawful citizens/owners--- what a crock--

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    so we have illegal aliens, making illegal firearms?

and the big "O"-nut will try to pass laws against the lawful citizens/owners--- what a crock--
    Yeah, aint that some sh*t?!?!?!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I aint hidin. Come and take them!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Their facebook page says they are up and running. Some discussion going on about the incident. They infer that they had all their ducks in a row(my words, not theirs, but that's the jist) and everythings fine. Some are demanding to know what records the atf confiscated or had access to and if jackbooted thugs may come to pay the customers a visit. https://www.facebook.com/eparmory
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    seanny

you are welcome glad to to put a smile on your face, but even scarier is sean is my gaelic name on my Irish doocuments (papers)
    spratty,

yes my name is Gaelic... but its only cause my Mom was a huge Sean Connery fan & i was born in 1968 in the middle of 007 fever... LMAO yes its really the reason.... she named me after Sean Connery...

MTdew,

yeah they were back open that same evening.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

ep armory atf

lcg ar parts sacramento ca
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.