Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cheap M-16 a1 Kits

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Seriously 1biggun, you get good sub-moa's with 75's in a 1-9? That's the only reason I was thinking of changing the original out. It shoots the 62 and 55's awesome out of the barrel it's got now, so if it doesn't really make that much difference with heaver bullets, I won't bother.

I love that older Bushmaster XA it really is a tack driver, just wish it had a flash hider, but whatever, but I damn near need a burning permit with my varmint loads with out one!!! I've caught the grass on fire a couple times shooting off the ground on a bi-pod,,caught my damn shirt sleeve on fire one day!!!!!! Damn fool,,,

I didn't think it was normal to work up that much of a sweat just shooting at chucks,,,,,

THEN I REALIZED I WAS ON FIRE!!!!! OH SHIT,,,,Andally,,,Andally!!!!

burned about a 2-3 " hole in my friggin sleeve,,,,

Had a hell of a time stomping it out!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Postak

i shoot 75gr bullets all the time from 1-9" twist barrels.

i have shot 77gr as well with no problems. the thing is not the weight it is more the length of the bullet a 75 gran JHP is the exact same length as a m855 bullet the 75s just weigh more cause it don't have a steel plug in it.

a barrel marked 1-9" is probably more accurately called a 1-8.75" anyway.

a true 1-8 twist rate will shoot any length bullet you can fit in a ar-16 mag-- and some that are too long.

the 1-7" tr the DOD went to is total overkill. the tracers were way longer and the extra twist rate was for them not standard ammo ---

of all the twist rates i think 1-8" is best overall -- however the 1-9" and 1-7" also work fine-- if you got a 1-9" or 1-7" your pretty much set to shoot most all of the heavy loads for the 223/5.56--

Feedback Score

Sprat got me again with another devil deal. Does he sell used cars???

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

no willie no cars, but we have this big swamp( everglades) up the road, I can make you a good deal on
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Sprat, I don't care what everyone says, you're ok in my book!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

worst yet I ordered a kit from cheaper than dirt, not really interested in the 100 imitation drum mag but heck nice to have one

willie who is saying things about me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! f*ckem I don't care
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    looks like the barrels are OOS again at alpha shooting sports.

green mountain may have some back in stock -- i know they got some excellent a2s-- in 1-7 and 1-8 twist.
    I just looked and they had 20" 1:12 twist barrels w/ M4 feed ramps listed. I didn't see anything indicating they were OOS. Man I really want to build an A1 clone, but it just isn't in the cards right now.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Ya fug um Sprat,,,even though you,, COULD,, probably talk a Eskimo into buying ice!!!

What to Hell makes us act like this,, Such abuse I tell ya!!!!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yeah that f-ing sprat had to post this, now I need to get a barrel & receiver

LOL Thanks for passing on the info Sprat, that is a good deal, even if I decide I don't want the drum I can most likely sell it for $100 which would make that kit around $250. Hope I don't get one that's damaged.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

they go in and out of stock all the time-- they also had a 1-9" last time i looked-- i got a few of their 1-9" a1 20s back when they were $99 shipped--

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    I just looked and they had 20" 1:12 twist barrels w/ M4 feed ramps listed. I didn't see anything indicating they were OOS. Man I really want to build an A1 clone, but it just isn't in the cards right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

20 a1 profile barrel

mckay a1 barrel

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.