Thread: dpms ar15a1 stripped upper recivers

Feedback Score

Default dpms ar15a1 stripped upper recivers

they are pretty nice but doesn't have the m4 cuts in them. can a person dremel or filethem into it without harm to the upper?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Perry you can but I try not to mess with the agonizing any more than I have to.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yes you can dremel in the m4 ramps, the truth is i haven't found that m4 ramps do much other than made millions of dollars for colt, as the rounds will be way to high to even enter the m4 ramp mostly.

the only time i have seen m4 ramps help is if you have mags that let the rounds nose dive when the come off the ramp . i like the m4 upper for 7.62x39s mostly because the mags like to do that-- otherwise i don't go to any trouble to get a m4 over an a3--

the only problem with the m4 ramped uppers is you don't want to pair a m4 ramped upper with a regular barrel- as there will be a gap there that can cause jams.- the regular upper can use the m4 barrel perfectly well.--

since you got an a3 i would just keep it as is cause the a3 can use either barrel --the M4 has to have a m4 ramped barrel-- not a huge gain by having m4 upper and m4 barrel at best it is a small gain in 5.56--

Feedback Score

aint broke don't f*ck with it. ill leave it alone and thanks for the info and opinions. you would think if they put a shell deflecter on it that they would just go ahead and do the ramps.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I just got a anderson upper with blems from Copes. I can't see the blems, but i wont send it back. the ramps are already there, not bad for $40 something bucks
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i got several a3 uppers with m4 barrels in them -- they run just like the rest of um. i think the m4 fad was a colt marketing gimmic to gouge the DOD for more $$$. if it was me i would just put the m4 barrel in that a3 upper and run the shit out of it--LOL--

the 20" rifles did not have the m4 ramp so rifle flat-top uppers were a3 and 14.5 uppers were m4s --ironically 11.5s and 10.24" CARs had no ramps and used a2 or a3 uppers for the longest time. come to think of it my 11.5" XM-177 replica has the a2 upper without ramps --and it runs perfectly well too -- i think the barrel is m4 ramped --but then again it might not be ramped as that was a couple years ago when i screwed that together.

then colt added the ramp and CREATED the M4 --and it was pricy-- sort of like new icing on a stale cake--LOL

back to the subject --yea an A3 is perfectly fine to build on , not having m4 ramps is no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by perry View Post
    aint broke don't f*ck with it. ill leave it alone and thanks for the info and opinions. you would think if they put a shell deflecter on it that they would just go ahead and do the ramps.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.