Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 9mm done and tested

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Sprat. Head on up. I just joined a private range and it is more pleasant (as evidenced by the dividing wall at the public range)

Yep the 0%'ers have seemed to dry up. i am drawing up a upper in cad for a single shot bolt action 300 winmag. the o% lower would be a perfect fit. open the trigger pocket, drill a few holes no magwell to broach.....

Cool on the x39. In the middle of one myself. AR'S are freakin addictive. I sold all of my ak kits and moved to to AR's. I really like how quick they go together. Legos for grown ups.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

i wish i would have seen the GPI's BEFORE i jumped on the CMMG. they are 1/2 the price

427, i may pick your brain soon. i am itching to do a 1911 project. i have an Essex frame that has a kimber 22 slide kit. i may end up with a Sig 22 from my dad. if he comes thru, i will ditch the Kimber. i want a Commander sized 1911. my thoughts were to get the commader slide and modify the frame. i have a write up where the rails are shortened to accept the commander slide. then....i read a thread on another board from a really good builder. he says that it is easier to take the govt slide and lop of the front 0.75" . this will become a bushingless slide so a bull barrel has to be fitted. in his words, it is really not much hand fitting thats required.

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    that GPI looks to be a sweet deal for a 9mm lower--

a decent mag block cost more than it does--

if your low on cash you might get by with one of those $35 pro mag 9mm mag blocks -- i think i got one laying around somewhere--lol

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea one of the problems with the 1911 is there are WAY too many 'experts" trying to smith on them. i've had several of these internet commando experts tell me shit that was WAY off. i was visiting 1911.org but i got too many BS 'answers' to my question on what extractor i can run on the PTX slide.

the answer is a les-bear and a bunch of other makes will work out of the box. --- they were all telling me i needed some hard to find $70 one that ain't been produced in decades--LOL what a crock.

i am afraid i would be more helpful on building a 5" GI or a longslide-- as i haven't built a commander. i suspect they will build up the same just certain parts are shorter--

check over at SARCO they got all kinds of long. medium and short length slides in the para section. they even got a few cut for 3" barrels--

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    i wish i would have seen the GPI's BEFORE i jumped on the CMMG. they are 1/2 the price

427, i may pick your brain soon. i am itching to do a 1911 project. i have an Essex frame that has a kimber 22 slide kit. i may end up with a Sig 22 from my dad. if he comes thru, i will ditch the Kimber. i want a Commander sized 1911. my thoughts were to get the commader slide and modify the frame. i have a write up where the rails are shortened to accept the commander slide. then....i read a thread on another board from a really good builder. he says that it is easier to take the govt slide and lop of the front 0.75" . this will become a bushingless slide so a bull barrel has to be fitted. in his words, it is really not much hand fitting thats required.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Going back to the 9mm build
    JSE has complete upper again, starting at $420 (half way down the page, then some more two rows down)
    JSE Surplus
    And they have the ProMag mag well too
    ProMag AR-15 / M16 9MM Magazine Adapter Block
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Mine seems to have found its groove. What i was concerned about earlier is gone. I had to ramp my bolt since it wasn't from the factory. After shooting a bit, I tore it apart and notice some areas that needed a bit more attention. Much better now.

I am seriously debating a 22 tcm. I can use most of the 9mm parts but will need to source a barrel

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

but will need to source a barrel
    If your thinking rifle, you might have to get a barrel blank and have it chambered or chamber it yourself.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

gpi 9mm lower

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.