Gunco Forums banner

reflex sight suggestions?

3K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  ken98k 
#1 ·
I recently put a rifle together with a oracle upper and a short Ace entry buttstock, so a conventional scope wont work.
Does anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive reflex type sight? I only have a $100 budget on this.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I have about five of those critters. NcStar D4B @45$ on the low end, two TruGlo with one being 2x, a 1stGen AimPoint, and my $220 Kobra I bought in a group buy. I use one of the TruGlo on one of my pellet guns(crosman 1377) for bird control.

#6 ·
the PA units work good and ain't expensive, also heard good things about the vortex red dot types for a little more.

you might check out the optasin mamba scope over at SWFA too, it is a 1-4x with a real 1x on the low end and it doubles nicely as a 4x scope or a red dot-- i think thir $150 ish with the mount--

i have a $35 AIM reflex i got from SMG for $35-- i am daresom to brag on it-- but so far it works--knock on wood--

i like the optical adjustments and a little magnification myself-- the optisan fills the bill quite nicely for a CQB type of optic on a budget.

#7 ·
"Bushnell Trophy" Think $69 on sale? Love it, nice bright and choices of settings. Battery life? not the best. Keep it off till ready to use. Spare batteries in the hand grip.

Attachments

#9 ·
Primary Arms or Vortex on a budget.

Personally though I've seen to many people throw away to much money on cheap glass. I would save my pennies or eat mac and cheese for a few months and save up for a Trijicon or Aimpoint. which is the route I'm going. Buy once, cry once.

#10 ·
#12 ·
Just remember that the OP said max $100. On my personal favorite AR I have a Simmons Wally-World 30mm red dot. I bought it years ago when I was very poor, intending on changing it out when I could afford something better. The rifle has been used hard, dropped directly on the scope and its still never had to be sighted in again. I just don't see the need to change it out. Looks just like the one in 4th's pic. Same price range.

#13 ·
sometimes PSA has the lower end vortexes for about $100 --
i figure the best bang for buck is the primary arms --some times they go for about $69 i think-- i've had one of um for years-- still got the same batteries in it--holds zero well too.

my only gripe about it is it only has a red sight -- it needs a green one as an option--

#14 ·
My only complaint about the lower end tube red dots is like 4th said, remember to turn it off after using. It needs a pressure switch. More than once I forgot to turn it off and killed the batteries.

#15 ·
this is a decent red dot i got one and its several years old still got the same batteries in it--

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-30mm-Red-Dot-p/primary-arms-30mm-red-dot.htm

not a bad glass for $69

and it uses hearing aid batteries not the CR2032 quarter sized watch batteries. fo me it seems the cheap red dots that use the cr 2032 seem to have switch problems and the batteries don't last no time--

it it was me i would go with a priamary arms or a low end vortec --sometimes you can get a vortex for $100-- lets see if PSA has got any on sale this week--

#18 ·
I have a few aimpoint M-4's i got them cheap they were used from some swat unit in florida that upgraded to something else I paid under $400 a piece with the mount manual and extra mount for the ar- carry handle, But I still like my primary arms M-2 clone
i recently picked up a elcan also used I really like this sight but its heavy and the battery is expensive, but a great sight

so as op asked under the $100 all mentioned by others are the ones to go with

#20 ·
not having had that unit , i cant say anything much about it -- looks like it uses the big battery though.

i can say that all the stuff i have bought from PA has worked as advertised and it is likely a good scope in that style for the price.

now if it was my AR-15 -- that $99 vortex is awful hard to pass up--LOL---

#24 · (Edited)
I got the TRS-25 and then quickly found I needed a riser! Well, I finally got it all together. It Looks a little goofy but, I guess I'll get used to it because it works great.

Plant Tree Wood Logging Natural landscape

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.