Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: News regarding status of polymer 80% EP AR15 lower receivers

Feedback Score

Now I'm skeered to want one. Don't have a mean bone In my body. Maybe a fun one but guns ain't involved. But I have yet to do an 80percent Ar and I'm ready to build one.

Feedback Score

What did happen to fed Ord anyway? They were always in SGN.then boom they were gone. Any links I could go to? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Now I'm skeered to want one. Don't have a mean bone In my body. Maybe a fun one but guns ain't involved. But I have yet to do an 80percent Ar and I'm ready to build one.
    It wasn't what they were that was a problem, it's how they got there.
    You don't want a plastic one anyway, no problems with aluminum. Chiroone is putting together a group buy on them right now.

Feedback Score

And I'm signed up for one. Probably should be for two. Boo boos happen with tyros you know.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    yes I fully understand the facts since I started the thread here when they came avaibale I saw them on ar-15 , I bought a few, when the sh*t hit the fan I had one undone, still have it. as i said I saw this leter last month i meant to post it here, but got lazy.

again besides getting the customer list why all the bother??? and yes I know they tried to get it before the raid

it reminds me of that company federal ordinance ( now defunct) they sold those thread makarov barrels, then some one used one in a crime, fed ord gave them up just like that the fed were knocking on every door they tested a 100 plus barrels never found the one they were looking for
    They weren't really looking for any particular bbl. They knew the one used in the murder of the Judge was likely destroyed, what they wanted to do was gather up the entire production run of bbls (something like 900 sold) and through ballistic examination prove that the 899 OTHER bbls weren't the murder weapon, leaving their one suspect's missing bbl the only possible one that could have been used. Since some folks destroyed their bbls rather than turn them over, that strategy seems to have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Exactly my thoughts how are these any different than any other 80% in a felons hands?? Im not sure Im buying into all this just yet .im also not sure EP is really in a position to say the atf is not going to take them. this is a company that was raided I don't think Id be taking legal advice from them . I do wish them luck in court .

If its rules there receivers then any one who has one has an illegal receiver pure an simple since it has no serial numebesr etc . I dont buy into the ATF is jsut going to over looks this an let it slide . I think the ATF trying to get them back would be tough I bet a lot of them were resold at gun shows an else were.

Also if a felon did buy one an did not complete it he has not broken any laws but if they decide its a really a receiver hes looking at jail time . so a bad guy who bought 80% for xmas gifts or paperweights is now looking a jail but joe blow honest guy is not in any trouble an dont have to give it up . WTF???????? yea the xmas thing is a stretch .

so whats stopping them from demanding anyone's list at this point ???

EP has a statement from ATF saying they won't pursue purchasers unless they are a prohibited person, the question is do ya believe ATF! ATF already missed the deadline to file the proper paperwork to keep the paperweights they have seized, so if a Judge follows the law they will get them back eventually.

They demand sellers lists all the time, look at IO and Coles parts kits that ATF decided hadn't been cut up enough. Everyone who bought one likely got a personal visit or at least a letter saying hand them over. EP was just one of the few companies that said no. And have paid for it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I may do one step by step on this site?
    M U S I B I K E

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.