Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: News regarding status of polymer 80% EP AR15 lower receivers

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Default News regarding status of polymer 80% EP AR15 lower receivers

For those of you that own or have built up one of these, it appears you are safe from ATF confiscation, at least at this time. There is also a link in the article to the web site of EPs attorney so you can keep up with the case.

http://www.eparmory.com/Current-News-s/1845.htm
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i pretty sure were all on "the watch list" of some kind anyway-- thanks to the NSA/administration --

i kind of wondering what the BATF will try next? like ban plastic?

if the BATF comes to seize a "lump of plastic" how are they going to know that plastic is from a lower and not a rubbermate trash bin?

or a plano tackle box?

sounds like the BATF is a little nutz these days. i suppose all the guilt about all those americans killed by the weapons THEY smuggled to the mexican cartels might be weighing on their judgement and nagging their brains?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

ATF attorneys have finally confirmed, although not yet in writing, that the ATF’s interest in individual purchasers of EP80 receivers extends only to those individuals who are legally prohibited from possessing any firearms. ATF will be cross-checking the list of purchasers of the EP80 product with the list of prohibited persons, and police will likely visit anyone on both lists. So if you possess an EP80 receiver and are prohibited from possessing firearms, you should consider consulting with an attorney immediately.
    I note that the EP is calling them receivers here an not blanks . SO now the ATF is going to just run your name all by its self ????? HMMMMMMM
    So how many of these got resold after they were purchased ????

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What I don't understand is ATF's reasoning here. Obviously a felon could purchase an 80% receiver of any type and construct a gun he can't legally possess. So I see why they would want a customer list. What makes no sense is their declining to move ahead with making the 80% paperweights in question legally declared receivers. All they have right now is potentially a list of people who, essentially by ATF's own admission by not pursuing the action against EP, purchased something that was NOT a firearm receiver.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Interesting I saw a similar letter last month posted on Ar-15 only there was a a donation request associated with it, and as the attornys letter states they are cross checking prohibited individuals, thats interesting in itself
    i agree its hard to understand why they are no pursuing the original reason for the raid????
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    Interesting I saw a similar letter last month posted on Ar-15 only there was a a donation request associated with it, and as the attornys letter states they are cross checking prohibited individuals, thats interesting in itself
    i agree its hard to understand why they are no pursuing the original reason for the raid????

The raid and supporting allegations they were receivers was just an excuse to seize the sales records, once they had what they wanted they seem to be done with EP. ATF first tried to get the records by asking them, to which they replied go pound sand. Then the threats started, culminating in the raid and seizures. Makes perfect sense if the list itself was the ultimate goal.

But from a legal standpoint down the line seems this seems strange, if they truly consider these receivers then they should be wanting everyone who purchased one to affix a serial number and transfer it through an FFL just as if they had bought a 100% one. As well as pursuing at least forfeiture from EP. The fact they are not would seem to be a ready made defense for any felon who purchased one that they are in fact NOT receivers. And one assumes prosecuting these felons are the ultimate goal of the operation, right?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Think the atf will go with the plastic guns can't be seen on the evening news like they did glocks crap? LOL.That would be a hoot to see Lester Holt and the rest spewing like they do.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

What I don't understand is ATF's reasoning here. Obviously a felon could purchase an 80% receiver of any type and construct a gun he can't legally possess. So I see why they would want a customer list. What makes no sense is their declining to move ahead with making the 80% paperweights in question legally declared receivers. All they have right now is potentially a list of people who, essentially by ATF's own admission by not pursuing the action against EP, purchased something that was NOT a firearm receiver.
    Exactly my thoughts how are these any different than any other 80% in a felons hands?? Im not sure Im buying into all this just yet .im also not sure EP is really in a position to say the atf is not going to take them. this is a company that was raided I don't think Id be taking legal advice from them . I do wish them luck in court .

If its rules there receivers then any one who has one has an illegal receiver pure an simple since it has no serial numebesr etc . I dont buy into the ATF is jsut going to over looks this an let it slide . I think the ATF trying to get them back would be tough I bet a lot of them were resold at gun shows an else were.

Also if a felon did buy one an did not complete it he has not broken any laws but if they decide its a really a receiver hes looking at jail time . so a bad guy who bought 80% for xmas gifts or paperweights is now looking a jail but joe blow honest guy is not in any trouble an dont have to give it up . WTF???????? yea the xmas thing is a stretch .

so whats stopping them from demanding anyone's list at this point ???

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

yes I fully understand the facts since I started the thread here when they came avaibale I saw them on ar-15 , I bought a few, when the sh*t hit the fan I had one undone, still have it. as i said I saw this leter last month i meant to post it here, but got lazy.

again besides getting the customer list why all the bother??? and yes I know they tried to get it before the raid

it reminds me of that company federal ordinance ( now defunct) they sold those thread makarov barrels, then some one used one in a crime, fed ord gave them up just like that the fed were knocking on every door they tested a 100 plus barrels never found the one they were looking for
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

From what I've read what got the alphabet boy's panties in a twist is because they claim they were receivers then reverted to non-receivers. FCG pocket was complete then filled with another color plastic. EP claims no. core cast first, then rest of the receiver is cast around it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.