Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AR lower snafu

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default AR lower snafu

I have 2 lowers that are sequential serial #'s. finally got around to assembling my parts and discovered something really odd. the rear takedown holes are roughly 0.002" too high. when I try to insert the rear pin it binds.

my options:

1: send them back. takes time and will require all the paperwork BS when the replacements arrive.
    2: open the top of the holes to let the pin pass thru. not sure if this is wise.

anyone have a suggestion?
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Drop another upper on there just for grins and see if the same happens. If so send those lowers back. If not, maybe the upper might be a bit off?

Should NOT need to machine stuff like this to get it to fit.

I have had them be tight at first. But, never took a tool to one ever.
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

will require all the paperwork BS when the replacements arrive.
    Not true. If you are sending them directly to the manufacturer for repair or replacement, they can return them directly to you.
    Certified AR-15/M-16 Armorer / SIG Pistol Armorer

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    Not true. If you are sending them directly to the manufacturer for repair or replacement, they can return them directly to you.
    +100

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Or you could just go an extra step and get the one of the .003 oversize pin sets and go that route just to save time and the muss and fuss of sending it back.

You would probably get a custom fit between the upper and lower at the same time,,and build it to target specs from the get go and you'll end up with something nicer that you were planing on. Plus it just might be easier and cheaper in the long run than shipping those back and waiting. For Lord Knows How Long??? Been there done that,,,,just an option.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    seriously?? I did not know that.

the manufacturer wants me take pictures. I told them it will be hard to see but that's what they want.

musibike, I have tried with 3 uppers; 2 DPMS slick side and a A3 RGUNS. pretty much the same. I have 1 other lower to try. the DPMS upper I have will fit the CMMG lower with no problems

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I had that with some AR57 lowers THere was a big rush after sandy hook and a lot of companies pumped out so many lowers, so fast the QC was absent. I would call or use/modify for larger pins. As a manufacture they could run the same SN and get you new ones and might even comp you on some parts too.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I've sent guns directly to S&W, Kahr, and I'm sure others over the years. You have to go to a UPS hub and insure the crap out of it in case it goes "missing" along the way. They'll send it back to your address with an adult signature required label.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

just sent the pictures off to their support group. I am waiting to see what they suggest.

damn I hate having to wait. nothing is ever easy!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You can use USPS as well. The gun is supposed to be taken apart so it cannot fire, as well as unloaded! I believe you can only send long guns, though. The receivers in question shouldn't be a problem.
    The first time I tried to send a rifle the USPS clerk (a real jerk of a guy) said it wasn't allowed. I called the postmaster general to make sure. They told me it was fine as long as it was going back to the manufacturer, and they directed me to their website where I found the rules. They even sent a nice memo to the local post office explaining the rules to them. Now I never have a problem.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.