Thread: Red dot sight that has reticle when off?

Feedback Score

Default Red dot sight that has reticle when off?

I remember seeing a buddy's red dot for his AK. He called it a "PK" sight. It had a red dot reticle when on, and a black outline of the reticle would remain when off. Therefore, the sight is still useful without batteries.

Is anyone familiar with any sight like this that can be picatinny mounted?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Sig makes one I really really like. It's not a dot but a normal BDC X hair arraignment with red and green illumination,,I like it very very much I think it's called a CP1. It's in the Sig sites accessory section.

It's one of the clearest scopes I've used for both eye open shooting and beer cans at 100 yards is a snap with it so you can still get some good precession shooting in with it , unlike many of the 2-3 moa dot scopes I've used. Seriously, try one if you're looking for a 3X type scope,I doubt you'd be disappointed in it. Ive had this one for 2 years or better on my M4 Sig and it gets used fairly frequently and the more I use it ,,the more I like it. It's never lost zero nor have I had to change out the battery yet either.

There's others out there that are similar, but many I see are much higher priced than the Sig's and not as good IMO. One of my buds has a Bushnell one that is similar to it and he likes his, I've never used it but he swears by his and there about the same price,,150-175 ish depending where you get it.

That would be my recommendations on one, but can't honestly vouch for the Bushnell one, just going by what a Bud told me. But he's been an avid shooter/ hunter for many years and knows his stuff and he says good things about his so I doubt he'd steer me wrong.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

There is a whole series of PK optics. This one has those features you mentioned,except weaver mount. PK-ASV Russian Military tactical combat rifle scope with "Black dot"/"Red dot" rangefinding reticule and AK/AKM-style side-rail mount I only did a quick search so there may be one out there that will mate to a weaver mount.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

For me it was a toss up between the KOBRA and the PK-AS. I paid $219 for the Kobra on a group buy in 08/2007.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.