AR-15 pistol Buffer recoil tube PAD.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kernelkrink
  • 1 Post By 7.62x39

Thread: AR-15 pistol Buffer recoil tube PAD.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Postak AR-15 pistol Buffer recoil tube PAD.

I was looking over this new AR15 pistol that I now have a PSA PAD stock deal on the recoil buffer tube. It is a soft rubber kind of thing which looks like a real small stock. But, if feels like a real stock. Before I take this thing out to a regular public range, is there any kind of length standard or other functional limit by which this thing remains an AR15 pistol but does not turn into an SBR?
    M U S I B I K E

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Cannot find any mention of a "PSA PAD stock deal" on the 'net, got a link to the manufacturer's site? Is it marketed as a stock or an ATF approved "Arm Brace"?

ATF's current stance is if you install an approved "Arm Brace" it remains a pistol, even if you shoulder it, as long as you don't "modify" it. Removing a strap or changing mounting methods apparently is considered modifying.

Actual stocks, or anything intended to be a stock, attached to a pistol turns it into a rifle, regardless of bbl length. Under 16" bbl/26" OAL would be an SBR.

Pistols, OTOH, do not have any length requirements. You could make one with a bbl so short the bullet tip extends out the muzzle when loaded, or slap on a 5 foot long one if you wanted to.

Just be aware a forward grip would bring it into AOW territory unless the OAL was 26"+.
    nutznboltz and MUSIBIKE like this.

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Cannot find any mention of a "PSA PAD stock deal" on the 'net, got a link to the manufacturer's site? Is it marketed as a stock or an ATF approved "Arm Brace"?

ATF's current stance is if you install an approved "Arm Brace" it remains a pistol, even if you shoulder it, as long as you don't "modify" it. Removing a strap or changing mounting methods apparently is considered modifying.

Actual stocks, or anything intended to be a stock, attached to a pistol turns it into a rifle, regardless of bbl length. Under 16" bbl/26" OAL would be an SBR.

Pistols, OTOH, do not have any length requirements. You could make one with a bbl so short the bullet tip extends out the muzzle when loaded, or slap on a 5 foot long one if you wanted to.

Just be aware a forward grip would bring it into AOW territory unless the OAL was 26"+.
    Remember when people actually did the bullet nose barely protruding?
    "I wish I had invented a lawn mower"
    Mikhail Kalashnikov in later years

4. Remove Advertisements
    Gunco.net
    Advertisements

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I was at Triggers in KY looking at AR parts last Thursday. They had three brand of Arm Brace, but I refuse to pay $100+ for this thing. I'll make my own.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.