Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Imbel Semi-auto Receiver...."NO MORE"

Feedback Score

Question Imbel Semi-auto Receiver...."NO MORE"

Perhaps someone could answer my question on the dissapearance of the receivers from the USA market....I've never actually heard the cause of their dissapearance.Was it political------their's,our's,the UN? I'd been considering picking up a kit & receiver a few years back,but circumstances took me elsewhere. Now the receivers seem to be no longer available/allowed in the USA.Perhaps a history lesson would be of interest to others besides myself....anyone got a simple answer?
    "Evolution/Revolution"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yep, banned from import by US law. Same reg that keeps bbls out. For a few years they let in some receivers and bbls for "replacement or repair" purposes but finally cut out that exception a year or two back.

18 U.S.C. ? 925(d)(3):

(d) The Attorney General shall authorize a firearm or ammunition to be imported or brought into the United States or any possession thereof if the firearm or ammunition -

(3) is of a type that does not fall within the definition of a firearm as defined in section 5845(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and is generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes, excluding surplus military firearms, except in any case where the Attorney General has not authorized the importation of the firearm pursuant to this paragraph, it shall be unlawful to import any frame, receiver, or barrel of such firearm which would be prohibited if assembled; or
    Last edited by kernelkrink; 03-29-2008 at 02:17 AM.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Hey I've got one of those sitting in my safe. How much do you figure it's worth?

(I'm not selling it- don't bother emailing me).

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eyegun View Post
    Hey I've got one of those sitting in my safe. How much do you figure it's worth?

(I'm not selling it- don't bother emailing me).
    IIRC the imbel gear logo receivers have been selling for $450 +
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

OMG 450 and to think that I paid less than 400 dollars for my whole rifle.
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

and these is two importer of Imber Gear Logo, one is CAI and other is ..I forget, but the CAI had big ass banner on it, ugly... I see them go as high as 500 or more now

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejack View Post
    and these is two importer of Imber Gear Logo, one is CAI and other is ..I forget, but the CAI had big ass banner on it, ugly... I see them go as high as 500 or more now
    bluejack - the other importer was PAC.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I have a Imbel gear logo receiver imported by CIA dated 2003. There is no banner on it. Just "Imported by CIA St Albens VT" in small dot matrix printing.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    I have a Imbel gear logo receiver imported by CIA dated 2003. There is no banner on it. Just "Imported by CIA St Albens VT" in small dot matrix printing.
    That's the same way mine is.
    I'd rather be a "has been" than a wannabe!

2TIMOTHY2,4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairsof this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

God, Guns and Guts made America free,
    Lets keep all three.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Yep, banned from import by US law. Same reg that keeps bbls out. For a few years they let in some receivers and bbls for "replacement or repair" purposes but finally cut out that exception a year or two back.

18 U.S.C. ? 925(d)(3):

(d) The Attorney General shall authorize a firearm or ammunition to be imported or brought into the United States or any possession thereof if the firearm or ammunition -

(3) is of a type that does not fall within the definition of a firearm as defined in section 5845(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and is generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes, excluding surplus military firearms, except in any case where the Attorney General has not authorized the importation of the firearm pursuant to this paragraph, it shall be unlawful to import any frame, receiver, or barrel of such firearm which would be prohibited if assembled; or
    Wow, thanks to my government I now feel so much safer now. I know as I send in my taxes this week that the money is well spent and they have my best interest in mind.
    The day of building inexpensive FAL's has passed us by. Best bet is to keep an eye out and buy them as they become available. I had 11 of them built when you could do it and the cheapest one I would sell now is $1100.
    Like my President Charlton Heston said, "From my cold dead hands".
    American by the grace of GOD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.